• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Since there is no CloneBD - can I stream instead?

drick

Since it appears that CloneBD is NEVER going to come out, and the ClownBD/TSMux is a bit complicated for me (yes i tried), i'm looking for alternatives to actually trying to burn these to BR. SlySoft "spoiled" me with their ease of use with AnyDVD/CloneDVD and until they recreate that (or someone else does), i think i need an another way to get at my BR backups.

Sooooo..

I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 connected into my AV receiver, all of which are connected via GigE to my home file server where the BR backups reside. Neither the PS3 or Xbox recognize the files even when i present them using the Win 7 Media Extender.

My question is simple, how can i stream/watch the AnyDVD backups on my AV system (i.e. non PC)?

Several quick searches all yield PC specific solutions, which are not what i need.

TIA for any / all assistance.
D

Since it appears that CloneBD is NEVER going to come out, and the ClownBD/TSMux is a bit complicated for me (yes i tried), i'm looking for alternatives to actually trying to burn these to BR. SlySoft "spoiled" me with their ease of use with AnyDVD/CloneDVD and until they recreate that (or someone else does), i think i need an another way to get at my BR backups.

Sooooo..

I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 connected into my AV receiver, all of which are connected via GigE to my home file server where the BR backups reside. Neither the PS3 or Xbox recognize the files even when i present them using the Win 7 Media Extender.

My question is simple, how can i stream/watch the AnyDVD backups on my AV system (i.e. non PC)?

Several quick searches all yield PC specific solutions, which are not what i need.

TIA for any / all assistance.
D

Slysoft developers are pretty active on this forum, and by starting off your post insulting their hard efforts to get CloneBD out the door, I wouldn't be surprised if you get no response from them (remember what your mom taught you...let your words be like honey:D).

Anyway, all you got left are folks like me who are going to make you answer some questions (well actually just one) like:

1) what did you try that was so hard to figure out. Please be specific, such as first i did this, then i did this....you get the point.

i tried installing the base program, which stepped on Roxio and my helmet cam video editing sw, which is unacceptable as i use them both 4x as much as i will the BR ripper.

i'm not insulting the developers BTW. i have "sold" enough of their SW by word of mouth and referral that i feel comfortable providing some feedback that i like many others are frustrated that this seems to be so hard to accomplish. FWIW, i would provide the same feedback to other SW companies that miss expected release dates by years vs. months (and yes i know there was never a release date).

so, back to the question at hand. is there a way to stream the anydvd back up copies from a NAS device to something else (i.e. PS3, XBOX, AV receiver) if i can't use clown?

i tried installing the base program, which stepped on Roxio and my helmet cam video editing sw, which is unacceptable as i use them both 4x as much as i will the BR ripper.

i'm not insulting the developers BTW. i have "sold" enough of their SW by word of mouth and referral that i feel comfortable providing some feedback that i like many others are frustrated that this seems to be so hard to accomplish. FWIW, i would provide the same feedback to other SW companies that miss expected release dates by years vs. months (and yes i know there was never a release date).

so, back to the question at hand. is there a way to stream the anydvd back up copies from a NAS device to something else (i.e. PS3, XBOX, AV receiver) if i can't use clown?

There's nothing special about ClownBD that it should "step on" your other software. Plus, because it uses underlying software that pretty much all high definition freeware is using at the moment to process high definition media, then that software might be unusable for you also (such as eac3to, tsmuxer, etc).

Anyways, i would try to create an ISO with AnyDVDHD and use Imageburn to rip the video to disk. Play the backup disk on your PS3 then.

And a final note. While it's in your power to feel any way you want about Slysoft taking so long releasing CloneBD, I would ask myself is it valid to feel frustrated that a product you really have no clue about what it's taking to finish, what type of technical hurdles that need to be overcome, etc that make this length of time the way it is.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is that if you feel frustrated about something that you haven't contributed one spec of help to complete, then maybe you shouldn't fee frustrated.

Impatient, yes, i can understand that. But that's something we keep to ourselves.

And a final note. While it's in your power to feel any way you want about Slysoft taking so long releasing CloneBD, I would ask myself is it valid to feel frustrated that a product you really have no clue about what it's taking to finish, what type of technical hurdles that need to be overcome, etc that make this length of time the way it is.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is that if you feel frustrated about something that you haven't contributed one spec of help to complete, then maybe you shouldn't fee frustrated.

Impatient, yes, i can understand that. But that's something we keep to ourselves.

i will concede several relevant points above, but let me provide another POV and then we can agree to disagree as i'm sure no one else is interested in our banter.

1. i have no idea what MSFT has to do when they develop / release windows either, but we ALL complain about them and their products, same thing here.

2. i'm a consumer not a developer, last i checked my responsibility is to pay for the product not develop it. did i miss something that stated that CloneBD is going to be freeware or open source, and they will not be charging for it moving forward should we contribute to the forum here?

3. finally, as a point in fact i did in fact volunteer to help test clonebd last year, but due to the ridiculously stringent requirements was told no as were many others.
--
thanks for the information on the iso method.

am i correct in assuming that i cannot stream the media then based on the fact that you suggest burning it instead?

thanks for the information on the iso method.

am i correct in assuming that i cannot stream the media then based on the fact that you suggest burning it instead?

Well, there are other programs you can use (Makemkv, Handbrake, mkvmerge, BDRebuilder, etc) that can convert the Blurays into more streamable formats. However, if you found ClownBD/Tsmuxer confusing, I'm hesitant to suggest others as they are more involved.

In the spirit of taking a chance however, try a program called Ripbot. It's really slow if you want to shrink your Blurays, but much faster if all you want to do is create mkvs.

If ps3 can't play mkv's then you'll need to create an m2ts file with a high definition audio track converted to standard audio otherwise the playstation won't be able to play it (video with no sound). Use BDInfo to get the correct playlist for your movie and tsmuxer by itself (without ClownBD) to create a single m2ts file. It really doesn't get any more simple than that.

Dear Mr. drick,
Your original post and the subsequent replies clearly indicated your anxiousness for a "ONE BUTTON" solution to your BD copying needs. If indeed there was such a "simple" solution available, there wouldn't be a need for ANY further development of such a product. There ARE many purported solutions out there if you simply did an internet search, did you? Why don't you purchase and try each one of them and report back to us here on the forum the results of your experience! We would all be waiting with bated breathe to hear of your successes.

Okay, I will save you some time, "THE ARE NO ONE BUTTON SOLUTIONS OUT THERE THAT WORK RELIABLY EVERY TIME" They will not work on every BD release. They will take a dozen hours or more to process a single movie. And they will crash your computer. However, you do sound a bit impatient, so why not try all of them out until you find one that works to your satisfaction. BTW, you won't find a way to stream you BD titles easily either.

In the meantime I recommend you read some forum primers on how BD technology works. If you think for moment, wow, this stuff is complicated and constantly changing, how the heck can someone develop a product that works with moving targets, then you might slightly understand the complexity of such a product and the time necessary to make it work right. Oh, and another thought. How many people and dollars do you think it took to develop such great pieces of crap like Win95a, Win95b, Win95c, Win98, WinME, Vista, do I need to go on? Please don't try to make such laughable comparisons. Thank You.

Well, there are other programs you can use (Makemkv, Handbrake, mkvmerge, BDRebuilder, etc) that can convert the Blurays into more streamable formats. However, if you found ClownBD/Tsmuxer confusing, I'm hesitant to suggest others as they are more involved.

In the spirit of taking a chance however, try a program called Ripbot. It's really slow if you want to shrink your Blurays, but much faster if all you want to do is create mkvs.

If ps3 can't play mkv's then you'll need to create an m2ts file with a high definition audio track converted to standard audio otherwise the playstation won't be able to play it (video with no sound). Use BDInfo to get the correct playlist for your movie and tsmuxer by itself (without ClownBD) to create a single m2ts file. It really doesn't get any more simple than that.

Thanks, you are correct in you assumption that complication is not what i'm looking for.

I'll check out the last suggestion, and do some research on it as suggested.

Thanks again, and i enjoyed our debate..

Dear Mr. drick,
Your original post and the subsequent replies clearly indicated your anxiousness for a "ONE BUTTON" solution to your BD copying needs. If indeed there was such a "simple" solution available, there wouldn't be a need for ANY further development of such a product. There ARE many purported solutions out there if you simply did an internet search, did you? Why don't you purchase and try each one of them and report back to us here on the forum the results of your experience! We would all be waiting with bated breathe to hear of your successes.

Okay, I will save you some time, "THE ARE NO ONE BUTTON SOLUTIONS OUT THERE THAT WORK RELIABLY EVERY TIME" They will not work on every BD release. They will take a dozen hours or more to process a single movie. And they will crash your computer. However, you do sound a bit impatient, so why not try all of them out until you find one that works to your satisfaction. BTW, you won't find a way to stream you BD titles easily either.

In the meantime I recommend you read some forum primers on how BD technology works. If you think for moment, wow, this stuff is complicated and constantly changing, how the heck can someone develop a product that works with moving targets, then you might slightly understand the complexity of such a product and the time necessary to make it work right. Oh, and another thought. How many people and dollars do you think it took to develop such great pieces of crap like Win95a, Win95b, Win95c, Win98, WinME, Vista, do I need to go on? Please don't try to make such laughable comparisons. Thank You.

As i mentioned before, the one button nature of clonedvd is what encourages me to HOPE that they smart folks at slysoft can indeed recreate that feat, especially after one of the formats (HD DVD) is now "dead". it seems that they have already accomplished the more difficult portion with AnyDVD, but clearly as you point out above i have no idea what i am talking about.

As to the rest of your post, i again accept the gist of your comments. Perhaps MSFT was a bad example, but it does seem to have illustrated my point.

i will concede defeat on this as you all seem to be quite passionate about this topic, and consistent in attacking anyone that questions strategy, timelines or alternatives.

:bowdown:

sincerely,
a properly chastised mr. drick

I find it strange that you say Clown BD caused issues with other software. Clown BD doesn't install anything. It has it's own set of standalone programs inside it's own folder, none of which install into windows so it can't cause issues with other software.

I find it strange that you say Clown BD caused issues with other software. Clown BD doesn't install anything. It has it's own set of standalone programs inside it's own folder, none of which install into windows so it can't cause issues with other software.

well as i mentioned, this was over a year ago and those brain cells have taken a beating in that time frame.. 8)

all i recall is that my helmet cam SW and/or Roxio stopped working after i installed ClownDB, and when i pulled it out, they started working again.

FYI, I have the same issue with WinAmp and cannot run it at all on my video editing machine. As such this is not meant as criticism towards the Clown author , i just can't use either of them it would appear.

But that's my point. Clown BD doesn't install. It's just a folder full of programs which won't affect other software at all as it doesn't install anything to cause a conflict.

Back