• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Should we be worried?

My link was for LGSoftware, and they are still selling their DVD copy and conversion software.

Hi :)
My apologies.
As you referred to built in decrypter* (which LGSI software doesn't have).
Plus not following specific link.
I assumed your comments were related to the other software.

* You need DVD43 or AnyDVD (HD).

The Myce article regarding SlySoft is one of the dumbest things I ever read.

The non-story even acknowledges the .ag domain was registered in 2004.

That's hardly what you can call being prepared for legal action, by the AACS LA, unless SlySoft got themselves a crystal ball to foresee an event like this happening years into the future.

I think Domi posted that thread just to reassure folks who frequent MyCE and not here. AnyDVD has already made provisions in case their .com site is appropriated, and won't be floundering around for several days like DVDFab.

Also, it was a slow news day and he doesn't normally post news on the weekends. :)

The Cienoway story is harder to justify. He (Cienoway) seems to be something of a kook.

Interesting developments lately. The US is under pressure to surrender their control of internet domains to the UN in light of the NSA spying revelations.

The problem is trusting the next party to control it. Who should be in control of domains and what are the rules?

All unanswered questions so far. The US releasing control of domains to other parties is probably a good thing but should not be stumbled into blindly without knowing who is taking over and what their limitations of control are.

A free and open internet should be maintained that is not censored or controlled by special interests. Removing control by specific countries is one step towards achieving that goal, but the US should not blindly hand anything over to anyone until we know exactly what that involves and if it is really in the spirit of an "open and free internet". But so far, the US sure as hell can't be trusted to control these domains, so this change should happen.

One of the problems with centralizing the control of all domains under one governing body such as the UN, is that they could censor anything they wanted from the entire internet. The only way this could work is to eliminate the discretionary censorship powers from this kind of governing body.

If the domains remain under the control of their respective countries, then those countries can use what ever discretion they want to use to control those domains, which is also not an answer to a free uncensored internet.

The current method of decentralized controls does continue to work for decades for the ocean going mariners who fly flags from remote pacific islands. Show me one port in the Marshall islands that is capable of building even one of those large container ships, or even to dry dock one ;)

Keeping the internet de-centralized is the only thing that works so far too. Which translates to nothing changes from the current rules.

Last edited:
I think Domi posted that thread just to reassure folks who frequent MyCE and not here. AnyDVD has already made provisions in case their .com site is appropriated, and won't be floundering around for several days like DVDFab.

Also, it was a slow news day and he doesn't normally post news on the weekends. :)

The Cienoway story is harder to justify. He (Cienoway) seems to be something of a kook.
I personally think Cienoway just posts make believe stuff just for the attention and I think he is a kook too.:agree:

Lighten up a bit, the topic is "Should We Be Worried". The relevance is that the "supposed" reason they are discontinuing their Blu-ray copy programs is to keep from being targets or have already been threatened behind closed doors. I do think it odd that 1-Click which has been developing this, and their forum has recent posts about new things, suddenly just dropped it at the same time. It isn't listed on their site anymore, but they are "recommending" others.

The reason they dropped it is because LGSI do not offer any decryption in their products, they rely on others for that such as AnyDvd HD. Because the protection prevents any disc from being played in a standalone player there is no point in producing software to copy to disc. The only use you will have for a bluray copy is to produce a file for streaming through the likes of WDTV boxes etc.
As for being worried, these companies have never won a case against dvd copying yet, and a bluray disc is no different. Their argument may be that you cannot make a backup copy of the disc because it will not play, but there is already legal precedence to allow digital copies of software as a backup in most countries, even the UK is moving forward to allow this, so I doubt there will be any real threat. Cinavia seems to be the problem of the moment and there is no sign of a workaround now or in the immediate future.

Cinavia seems to be the problem of the moment and there is no sign of a workaround now or in the immediate future.

Where have you been living???? There are around workaround already not sure where your getting your info from but you seemed to missed the boat here.

The reason they dropped it is because LGSI do not offer any decryption in their products, they rely on others for that such as AnyDvd HD. Because the protection prevents any disc from being played in a standalone player there is no point in producing software to copy to disc. The only use you will have for a bluray copy is to produce a file for streaming through the likes of WDTV boxes etc.
As for being worried, these companies have never won a case against dvd copying yet, and a bluray disc is no different. Their argument may be that you cannot make a backup copy of the disc because it will not play, but there is already legal precedence to allow digital copies of software as a backup in most countries, even the UK is moving forward to allow this, so I doubt there will be any real threat. Cinavia seems to be the problem of the moment and there is no sign of a workaround now or in the immediate future.

Sorry, have to disagree here. If you read Gregory's statement, while not being able to break Cinavia might be a factor, it is not the underlying cause. Cinavia is in DVDs as well (albeit very small), but they are still selling and updating their DVD copy software. He made it very evident that he feels that the AACS is going to ACTIVELY pursue any company that makes Bluray copy/ripping software and he doesn't really want to be caught up in that, especially since they were still in the development stage with their software. (My opinion is that they were already threatened privately)

Bottom line, it was the fear of possibly being shut-down and hauled into court that scared them off, not because of Cinavia.

Last edited:
and the relevance of that to this topic is where exactly? This topic is about dvdfabs sites being closed down, not some other company stopping development on a some (crappy to begin with) software product

So you appointed yourself the "The Relevance Police" by claiming that a, in fact relevant post is, in your opinion, irrelevant. Then to top it off, you take it upon yourself to make a "totally irrelevant" personal opinion statement bashing another software product. :disagree:

Last edited:
My concerns are.
Even with changed urls.
Traffic is reduced considerably.
Scaring punters in part.
Making it difficult for the occasional surfer to track.
Ultimately this will affect revenue / resources.
With many developers withdrawing BD related software anyway.
How long before these guys decide to renew an attack on DVD ripping / copying products.
If actions are seen to have an effect.
Then the parties concerned can only be encouraged.

Added to this it appears that many A/V Security suites are starting to black list these new urls.
Again experienced users can treat as false positives.
But many "newbies" will look elsewhere.

My concerns are.
Even with changed urls.
Traffic is reduced considerably.
Scaring punters in part.
Making it difficult for the occasional surfer to track.
Ultimately this will affect revenue / resources.
With many developers withdrawing BD related software anyway.
How long before these guys decide to renew an attack on DVD ripping / copying products.
If actions are seen to have an effect.
Then the parties concerned can only be encouraged.

Added to this it appears that many A/V Security suites are starting to black list these new urls.
Again experienced users can treat as false positives.
But many "newbies" will look elsewhere.

Then the consumers could play a big part if they would. I myself will stop purchasing DVDs if I cannot make a my own personal backup.

Back