• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Should we be worried?

MadScientist

Is this a sign of things to come? DVDFab forums blocked by movie industry lawyers

EDIT:
Link removed, it should be posted in the third party section. However, I believe your question is regarding AnyDVD, so I'll leave your post here. Hope this is ok.
James

(Edit: fine with me. MS)

Last edited:
Is this a sign of things to come? DVDFab forums blocked by movie industry lawyers

EDIT:
Link removed, it should be posted in the third party section. However, I believe your question is regarding AnyDVD, so I'll leave your post here. Hope this is ok.
James

(Edit: fine with me. MS)

Since this never became a 3rd Party thread - I'll respond here.
US law requires that someone actually respond to a suit to present their side of the case. (go figure)
The wizards over at Fab (while they may contest the case itself) made no move to contest the preliminary injunction - therefore said injunction was granted 100% in favor of the plaintiffs, with plaintiff ACCS's wording even left largely intact.
Huge tactical blunder for Fab - how it impacts the rest of this industry depends on a lot of "future factors" and tactics yet to even start to play out.
No point in further speculation - until more cards are played.
--W

Yes, from this point forward, you should constantly worry about this. :p

Well DVD FAB can't be that worried as they are running again as normal, new sites new offers new updates....

Well DVD FAB can't be that worried as they are running again as normal, new sites new offers new updates....

They are running out of China with a .cn domain. The US has no jurisdiction.

Be afraid. Slysoft is next
As pointed out in the AnyDVD HD thread, SlySoft has the slysoft.ag domain to fall back on (.ag is the national suffix for Antigua, like .cn is for China). At most the only thing a U.S. court could enjoin is the slysoft.com domain, and even that's questionable (the domain is actually with a French registrar, though that company does have a U.S. office).

I would highly advise slysoft...switch from .com & .net domains since they are vulnerable because they are USA domains. ...why risk it? That way your safe. Being caught of guard can slow down business. The big fish are desperate and they take it..."one step at a time...there's no need to rush..." :D

they're not US domains. us domains end with .us ofc

com stands for commercial
net is for network

I would highly advise slysoft...switch from .com & .net domains since they are vulnerable because they are USA domains. ...why risk it? That way your safe. Being caught of guard can slow down business. The big fish are desperate and they take it..."one step at a time...there's no need to rush..." :D

Try http://slysoft.ag

It appears LG Software Innovations which developed 1Click DVD COPY has ended its development of its Blue-Ray Copy software, and also Aiseesoft. Now I am beginning to be a little concerned.

and the relevance of that to this topic is where exactly? This topic is about dvdfabs sites being closed down, not some other company stopping development on a some (crappy to begin with) software product

and the relevance of that to this topic is where exactly? This topic is about dvdfabs sites being closed down, not some other company stopping development on a some (crappy to begin with) software product

Lighten up a bit, the topic is "Should We Be Worried". The relevance is that the "supposed" reason they are discontinuing their Blu-ray copy programs is to keep from being targets or have already been threatened behind closed doors. I do think it odd that 1-Click which has been developing this, and their forum has recent posts about new things, suddenly just dropped it at the same time. It isn't listed on their site anymore, but they are "recommending" others.

Chill out Ch3vr0n, as mmdavis stated, the topic is should we be worried, not just DVDFab. No need to be rude.

Last edited:
Yes, and this was on MYCE: http://www.myce.com/news/development-of-1-click-bluray-copy-ceased-due-recent-dvdfab-event-70831/

I guess that bypassing the protection on DVDs is not a big concern at the moment, just Blu-ray, as they are still selling their DVD copy program with their protection bypass.

Hi :)
If you look again.
You will see that all BD & DVD Copy / Ripper programs have been removed.
The only authoring left, is BD & DVD Creator.

See also http://club.myce.com/f196/aiseesoft-no-longer-selling-dvd-blu-ray-programs-335648/#post2722256

Last edited:
Back