• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Should I still buy AnyDVD HD if Slyce is coming out soon?

lofen

I'm new to the Slysoft products. I read there's a new product called Slyce coming out soon which supposely will do blu-ray rip and compression etc. If that's the case why should I buy AnyDVD HD, should I just wait for Slyce?

Thanks,
Louis

I'm new to the Slysoft products. I read there's a new product called Slyce coming out soon which supposely will do blu-ray rip and compression etc. If that's the case why should I buy AnyDVD HD, should I just wait for Slyce?

It is my understanding that you will still need AnyDVD HD to decrypt the Blu-ray disk. Slyce will perform similar to the way that CloneDVD2 works with DVD's but Slyce will do this for Blu-ray disks.

From the OP of the Slyce thread in High Definition Software:
I.8: Does Slyce have built-in disc decryption capabilities?
No, in order to process a disc from inside a drive or a protected ISO, AnyDVD HD must be running. Only unprotected discs and/or rips can be processed immediately and without anydvd hd. Slyce does NOT have decryption capabilities.
So in other words, you will still need AnyDVD HD with Slyce. :doh:

Back