• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Short Circuit (1986) CSS protected

datsc

I just got the movie Short Circuit, circa 1986, and AnyDVD won't decode the CSS key. I know it's an old movie, but my wife wants it on DVD instead of the VHS tape we have.

thanks,

Dan

I just got the movie Short Circuit, circa 1986, and AnyDVD won't decode the CSS key. I know it's an old movie, but my wife wants it on DVD instead of the VHS tape we have.

thanks,

Dan

You'll need to post an AnyDVD log to be sure, but most CSS problems are due to your drive's region not being set. Make sure you EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the region. If it is set, an AnyDVD log is a necessity.

logfile

You'll need to post an AnyDVD log to be sure, but most CSS problems are due to your drive's region not being set. Make sure you EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the region. If it is set, an AnyDVD log is a necessity.

Region was set to 1; been using this writer for six months without a problem.

I have the logfile, but when I copied it into this, it's too large. How do I attach it?

simple

click the button "add reply", under "additional options" click "Manage Attachments" and upload the .ziplog file

Do NOT modify it's contents or copy/past the anydvd status window like a lot of ppl do. We need the entire ziplog file itself.

Here it is

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.2.0_Info_E_SHORT_CIRCUIT.ziplog
    76.8 KB · Views: 9
Interesting. I don't see the "Removed CSS Protection" line after AnyDVD scans the disk like it does on all the others.

Here it is

Lots of read errors. Since it's not likely a new protection, it's likely a defective disc. Might try using another drive that may be more forgiving on a borderline disc.
11.81s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
11.81s: tries 2 retry 2118042 to 2118043
23.07s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
23.07s: tries 1 retry 2118042 to 2118043
34.21s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
34.21s: tries 0 retry 2118042 to 2118043
34.21s: read error 2118042 to 2118043, max 2133974, io->read_error 0

Interesting. I don't see the "Removed CSS Protection" line after AnyDVD scans the disk like it does on all the others.

That's because the disc (or drive) is so damaged, it doesn't get this far.

new disc

Thanks all,
I'll be getting a replacement disc tomorrow and will try again.

Back