• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sherlock Holmes rips at the middle of the movie

rodrigug

Hi all,
Using Any DVD HD
I'm using right-click Rip to Image on Sherlock Holmes BR
When I play the ISO Image with my media player. The movie starts kind of in the middle. Where there is the scene of a fight and a big boat. Anybody has some clues about why?
Most movies rip fine.
Thanks

Hi all,
Using Any DVD HD
I'm using right-click Rip to Image on Sherlock Holmes BR
When I play the ISO Image with my media player. The movie starts kind of in the middle. Where there is the scene of a fight and a big boat. Anybody has some clues about why?
Most movies rip fine.
Thanks

I'm not 100% positive, but when I look at the streaming files, the scenes are split up (due to the In Movie Experience) so could that be why? This also can occur with movies that have footage inserted with seamless branching as well (Jennifer's Body is one).

Of course, that may not be the problem and as Ch3vr0n said, posting the log would probably explain why.

Unless you play it as a full disc structure it won't play back the movie properly due to the seamless branching

I'm not 100% positive, but when I look at the streaming files, the scenes are split up (due to the In Movie Experience) so could that be why? This also can occur with movies that have footage inserted with seamless branching as well (Jennifer's Body is one).

Of course, that may not be the problem and as Ch3vr0n said, posting the log would probably explain why.

Yes, If I do stream, the movie is broken up in a lot of small streams. Seems like AnyDVD HD took the biggest one and ripped that one.

AnyDVD HD rips the whole disc as ISO or as Folder, it doesn't pick and choose which files to copy

Where's the log file, and what media player are you using? If it doesn't play back the disc as a full structure with menu's etc then don't expect it to play back a seamless disc properly.

Where's the log file, and what media player are you using? If it doesn't play back the disc as a full structure with menu's etc then don't expect it to play back a seamless disc properly.

I'll get the log next time

When I played my ripped image of Sherlock Holmes on my WDTV Live, it started in the middle, but when I played the same file on the PC with PDVD, it played fine. So it appears the problem is in the player, not the .iso.

When I played my ripped image of Sherlock Holmes on my WDTV Live, it started in the middle, but when I played the same file on the PC with PDVD, it played fine. So it appears the problem is in the player, not the .iso.

I think the problem is the iso, this is why:
the iso is much smaller than a regular ISO, 20G instead of 50G
if I use the rip DVD option, I get a lot of different files under the STREAM folder. The biggest one is the same scene that the ISO has.
So this is my theory,
Rip to Image tries to rip the biggest file on the disc. If the DVD is split on different files, it will just rip the biggest one.

No, rip to image makes an Image of the disc, it doesn't care what files are inside it, it makes an ISO of the disc but removes copy protection from them. I've had no issues with this disc or with any other seamless branching disc, but as you haven't posted a logfile no one can help you.
This is how the 2 options work

Rip to harddisc - copies every file over and puts them in a folder
Rip to image - makes a full image of the disc

AnyDVD HD doesn't pick and choose files, it copies every file over no matter what it's for whether it's part of the film or bonus content.

And the ISO for Sherlock Holmes wouldn't be 50GB anyway as it doesn't use all the disc. It's around 36GB

Last edited:
No, rip to image makes an Image of the disc, it doesn't care what files are inside it, it makes an ISO of the disc but removes copy protection from them. I've had no issues with this disc or with any other seamless branching disc, but as you haven't posted a logfile no one can help you.
This is how the 2 options work

Rip to harddisc - copies every file over and puts them in a folder
Rip to image - makes a full image of the disc

AnyDVD HD doesn't pick and choose files, it copies every file over no matter what it's for whether it's part of the film or bonus content.

And the ISO for Sherlock Holmes wouldn't be 50GB anyway as it doesn't use all the disc. It's around 36GB

Why is it then that when I chose rip to image, I never get anything else but the movie.
And with rip to DVD I get everything, including the copyright messages, trailers, etc.

Where's the logfile?
I have this movie and have no issues with it, have you tried playing it on a PC in TMT3?
I can only assume that when you drag the ISO into your player that it just picks up on the biggest file whereas when you go by folder it picks up on the other files as well. The main movie is made from around 20+ files and the biggest file starts around 20mins into the film which is probably what your hardware is picking up on.

Mount the image in VCD and then look in the STREAM folder, how many files are in there?

Last edited:
Where's the logfile?
I have this movie and have no issues with it, have you tried playing it on a PC in TMT3?
I can only assume that when you drag the ISO into your player that it just picks up on the biggest file whereas when you go by folder it picks up on the other files as well.

Mount the image in VCD and then look in the STREAM folder, how many files are in there?

I dont have the log file. I'm playing with a Envizen Media Player.

Then dig out the original disc and make a logfile from it.

So what happens if you play the ISO on your PC? As far as I can see that player doesn't support the Blu-ray structure so it doesn't pick up the playlist for the movie. You need to make a 'movie only' version of the film using Clown BD so you get a single file for the whole movie then it might work on that.

Last edited:
You need to make a 'movie only' version of the film using Clown BD so you get a single file for the whole movie then it might work on that.

That would be what I'd suggest as well.

You could use Clown BD. Or simply utilize directly the tools/applications Clown BD does behind the scenes. That may be better in this case as you'd learn a bit more about seamless branching.

1. Use BDInfo to identify the playlists on the .iso/BD. In this case there's a previous post regarding what content is contained in each playlist.
  2. In the Input Files section of the Input tab of tsMuxeR, click Add and select the appropriate playlist from Step 1.
  3. Optional - Deselect any audio/subtitles you may not want under Tracks on the Input tab of tsMuxeR.
  4. Under Output on the Input tab, select Blu-ray Disc. Then select Browse and point to a directory on your hard drive.
  5. Select Start Muxing.
  6. When complete, use ImgBurn to create the new Blu-ray .iso using "Create image file from files/folders", adding the directory used in Step 4,and outputting to an .iso file in Destination. Remember to check under Options that the Image Options filesystem is set to UDF 2.50 or greater.
The .iso result will contain a single .m2ts.

Also take read through Adbear's guide and/or SamuriHL's makeISO thread for more help on .iso creation.

Back