• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shell Extensions of VirtualCloneDrive and Feature Request

I think there are some missunderstandings.
First have a look at the first screenshot at:

http://www.failure.bravehost.com/virtual/drive/extension/

This screenshot shows what I mean with a useful shellextension
It is the awxDTools extension used with DaemonTools.

The extension determines the number of drives and the letters
which belongs to that drives and then shows as cascaded context
menu where I can choose to which drive the image will be mounted.
The shell extension should determine all type of files which will work.

In this example not to first empty one, but to drive T:
See screenshot #2

The second screenshot shows a menu which is already implemented
in VCDs Shell Extension. I know that and I thing you mean that.
The awxDTools has an additional menuitem to unmount _all_ drives.
This is not a very important feature, but perhaps an idea to extend
the existing shell extension of VCD by this menuitem.

btw:
Sorry for my last response, but first didn't see the second page
of this thread ;-)
I see. Something similar will be in the next version anyway. :D

I'm wondering ... will the next release be the next beta, and do you have a timeframe for it? I also wonder if you will be incorporating support for CUE files, as people occasionally rip a disc to multiple files that aren't of the same type, like track 1 being bin and track 2 - 12 being a wav file or mp3. THis was common when games had soundtracks in CDDA format with a datatrack of 1. Just curious, and probably in the wrong topic... but sort of related

I'm wondering ... will the next release be the next beta, and do you have a timeframe for it?
Yes. Tomorrow. As you probably know, the tray icon is already in the current beta.

I also wonder if you will be incorporating support for CUE files, as people occasionally rip a disc to multiple files that aren't of the same type, like track 1 being bin and track 2 - 12 being a wav file or mp3. THis was common when games had soundtracks in CDDA format with a datatrack of 1. Just curious, and probably in the wrong topic... but sort of related
Support for .cue files is not planned.

I haven't really read up all you guys said here, but I found this picture so I thought I would share it with you:

DAEMON-Tools_5.png

That's how the 'Options/Shell_Integration' prompt in D-Tools looks like.
Something like that would be nice.

<OT> Some other useful things one could do with the tray icon came across my mind - like 'Check for update (beta)' or 'Change drive letter'...</OT>

But I'd like to thank you for adding the tray icon in the first place, I like it. :agree:

Last edited:
That's how the 'Options/Shell_Integration' prompt in D-Tools looks like.
Something like that would be nice.
Next version shouldn't need this, because of the shell extension.

<OT> Some other useful things one could do with the tray icon came across my mind - like 'Check for update (beta)' or 'Change drive letter'...</OT>
Assigning drive letters with an application is opening a can of worms. I really suggest using the disc manager which ships with the OS for this purpose.

Assigning drive letters with an application is opening a can of worms. I really suggest using the disc manager which ships with the OS for this purpose.

Yeah, I don't see any reason to mess around with adding this. I just change the drive letter manually under Computer Management | Storage | Disk Management. It's quick and simple.

Yeah, I don't see any reason to mess around with adding this. I just change the drive letter manually under Computer Management | Storage | Disk Management. It's quick and simple.

Yes, because changing drive letters requires administrative rights. If VCDPrefs would do this, it would either need to run at elevated rights under Vista/7, or spawn a helper process asking for elevation.

And for what? Windows can do this on its own, without 3rd party help.

Back