• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Setup Question

jtyles

I am interested in installing Reclock on my HTPC but first I have a couple of questions about setting up the sound.

On my present system I use TMT to play back HD-DVD and Blue Ray and I use Theatertek to play back SD DVD's ripped to my harddrive. The HD stuff is ripped to ISO's. I use My Movies to manage all this.

At the moment I use SPDIF output on both players to get DD/DTS to my Amp.
Am I correct in thinking that the best way to use Reclock in this situation is to set the audio option on both players to decode to 5.1 and then use Reclock to re-encode it to AC3 (is this DD/DTS standard?).
I am currently using an ATI 2400XT connected to my amp to take care of audio and pictures so I am limited to SPDIF with this card, I may ask Santa for an ATI 4550 for Christmas depends on when the UK VAT decrease comes into force.

Thanks for your help Jon.

Back