• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Settings Check: AnyDVD+Clone DVD 2 + Handbrake

Pyanfar

I've read many an article here and elsewhere, and thus far here's what I've got.

1) My goal is to make an ISO backup of a DVD, then make a stream-friendly file and load it on a server, preferably capable of playback by a PS3 via Ethernet on my home network.

2) AnyDVD is installed to be a helper

3) CloneDVD used to clone the disc to an ISO/UDF image.
- pick all files by default from disc, check "Preserve Menus", Quality "DVD+/-R DL" at 100%
- check all audio streams in lower-left, check English subtitles in Stream Preferences
- Name the file and give it a label

4) Handbrake used to convert the ISO to an MP4. Settings:
- Picture: (all options left as is, which means...)
Source: 720x480, Aspect Ratio 1.78 <--source is actually Widescreen, but from pre-flat-panel days. Normal?
Anamorphic: Loose
Modulus: 2
Display Size: 853x356 (can't change this)
Cropping: Automatic (top 60, left 0, right 0, bottom 64)
- Filters: (all off)
- Video Codec: H.264 (x264)
Framerate (FPS): same as source (Constant framerate bulleted)
Optimise Video: x264 Preset (slider on notch 3, far from 'Very Fast')
x264 Tune None (fast decode unchecked)
H.264 Profile - Main
H.264 Level - 4.0
Quality: Constant Quality: 20 RF (slider below this is about 2/3 of the way across)
- Audio: Source - 1 English (AC3) (5.1 ch)
Codec - AAC (faac)
Bitrate - (nothing to select)
(all titles/chapters selected)

Everything seems to go just fine, except that when I try to stream the video, I only get 2 channels. I've tried changing my receiver from a preset (e.g., "Sci-Fi") to Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby Surround, etc. and every time I get no surround. Framerate is smooth, so no file size/bandwidth issues.

Any idea what I'm missing here? Any advice would be much appreciated!

cause clonedvd is slysoft's handbrake ;)

Source: 720x480, Aspect Ratio 1.78 is normal btw, thats a US dvd video standard, nothin wrong with that

cause clonedvd is slysoft's handbrake ;)

Source: 720x480, Aspect Ratio 1.78 is normal btw, thats a US dvd video standard, nothin wrong with that

Okay, so you're saying if I buy CloneDVD Mobile, that will make 5.1 surround possible on a PS3, but CloneDVD will not?

Thanks for the info. :)

nope, im just saying give it a try. CloneDVD should do 5.1 just fine aswell it doesn't touch the audio like that. It either keeps or removes a stream completely and outputs back to dvd format. CloneDVD Mobile outputs directly to portable format like handbrake does. Whichever it is it's neither an anydvd nor cloneDVD problem. Your issue is with handbrake.

nope, im just saying give it a try. CloneDVD should do 5.1 just fine aswell it doesn't touch the audio like that. It either keeps or removes a stream completely and outputs back to dvd format. CloneDVD Mobile outputs directly to portable format like handbrake does. Whichever it is it's neither an anydvd nor cloneDVD problem. Your issue is with handbrake.

Hrm....I've been making MP4s, but I also understand that I could make an MKV and it might work...while I was digging this last hour, I ran across this...

http://community.us.playstation.com...y-MKV-Files-Without-A-Converter/td-p/30906501

Solved

I figured it out:

The above settings work fine for everything BUT the PS3. For the PS3, use Handbrake to do an MKV file. Apparently the PS3 doesn't have the ability to pull multichannel from an MP4 but it can on an MKV.

An alternate solution I found was that you can install DivX on the host machine to supply codecs the PS3 would consume to properly serve multichannel...but I don't recommend it because the DivX software will load malware on your machine, even if you decline the malware install. Conduit Search will cram itself into your system, take over your browser, and refuse to leave, even if you uninstall it. Jerks. :-/

So! I make ISOs for a backup, then use those to throw together MKVs so the PS3 can have multichannel, and if I feel the need for MP4, I can do that with CloneDVD 2, too...

You could take a look at bd rebuilder. It can do various formats of movie only types.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation met Tapatalk

Back