• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Serialized BluRay disks for managed copy- what will AnyDVD-HD do?

iansilv

I had a thought- if the disks are serialized beginning with new releases for managed copy, will Anydvd-hd remove the serialization? Is this a blip on the radar you guys will be dealing with?

I had a thought- if the disks are serialized beginning with new releases for managed copy, ...

I don't think they will. Let's wait and see...

Anyone here know when the first "managed copy enabled" disk will be available? I just watched a demo of managed copy with Bolt on engadget.com.

What is a "Serialized BluRay disk"?.......novices to BLU-RAY want to know.:confused:

What is a "Serialized BluRay disk"?.......novices to BLU-RAY want to know.:confused:
Patience, young grasshopper (with all due respect to the late David Carradine :bowdown:). It's something that will be on newer discs as part of the forthcoming Managed Copy feature, which IIRC is just an updated version of Digital Copy.

Though players will need to be updated to support Managed Copy, I suspect it'll be like BD-Live; older players will still be able to play the movie, but won't support the added feature (except possibly by firmware or player-software upgrade, as the PS3 and many PC players did with BD-Live). If so, at worst it'll just be one more thing for AnyDVD HD to filter out (again, like BD-Live). If not, I'm sure James & co. will work on it as soon as it comes out.

Whether I'm right or wrong, the only way to know for certain is for Managed Copy-enabled BDs to appear "in the wild" so SlySoft and its programmers, beta testers, Bumblebee contributors, etc. can figure them out hands-on. Till then, all we can do is wait and read the tea leaves.

Though players will need to be updated to support Managed Copy, I suspect it'll be like BD-Live; older players will still be able to play the movie, but won't support the added feature (except possibly by firmware or player-software upgrade, as the PS3 and many PC players did with BD-Live). If so, at worst it'll just be one more thing for AnyDVD HD to filter out (again, like BD-Live). If not, I'm sure James & co. will work on it as soon as it comes out.

I don't know if this is anything we have to work on. AnyDVD allows you to create "un-managed" copies already. Who really wants to have DRM "managed" copies instead? :D

Well said James couldn't say any better. I :agree:

I don't know if this is anything we have to work on. AnyDVD allows you to create "un-managed" copies already. Who really wants to have DRM "managed" copies instead? :D
That's what I was hinting at too; if *ALL* it's used for is Managed Copy DRM, it's pretty much irrelevant to AnyDVD HD users. :p OTOH, it could also be used as part of a "phone home" mechanism to track how discs are used, as well as a part of a next-generation DRM scheme (think BD+ 2.0). If this happens, you may want to take countermeasures such as blocking the serial number, much like with BD-Live.

Back