• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Safedisc and GJ4.1.1.2

ChrisRM

I know I ought not to do this but I still enjoy it... Went back to have a quick Dungeon Keeper 2 session and GJ4.1.1.2 didn't help. The profile is made as expected, either with or without image mode, but simply comes up with the Safedisk message "Please insert the Key CD-ROM, seect OK and restart application"

1. GJ4.1.1.2
2. XP SP3 32 bit
3. Safedisc 1.41.000
4. Dungeon Keeper 2
5. CD
6. LG HL-DT-ST internal drive
7. Security s/w is SystemSuite 11.2.2, firewall is NetDefense (OEM version part of SystemSuite)
8. "Please insert the Key CD-ROM, seect OK and restart application" when profile is run. No splash screen, change of screen res or anything, just the error message.
9. Attached DK2.zip

Anyway, Civ3 still runs, so between during conference calls it's OK...

Chris M

Attachments

• DK2.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 12
Now tried with 4.1.1.3 beta

Hmm, less fun than I might think...

4.1.1.3 has a number of responses:
- When creating a profile, with Safedisk (lossy) the game refuses to believe that the CD is in the drive.
- When using the Generic Safedisk, the same thing happens.
- If I let the profile complete, it fails to run and asks for the keydisc
- If I use the Wizard, it thinks that ther protections is Securom and goes through the same as the first effort.
- If I use the Wizard on a Safedisk effort, it points out that the timing should be improved, then fails as #1.

Am I just too sad in wanting to hurt Heroes?

Chris M

Chris, were these issues also with Dungeon Keeper 2?
Did you try creating a profile using image mode?

Am I just too sad in wanting to hurt Heroes?
I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Yes, this was all with DK2, and yes, I tried image mode as well (sorry, should have added that in the first place...).

As to
Quote:
<Am I just too sad in wanting to hurt Heroes?>
I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Nothing, it was a line written in angst...

Chris M

Chris, can you please post the log file from v4113? I want to see is it's the same problem that appeared in v4112.

Attached... and attached a bit more...

Attachments

• dk2.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
  • log.zip
    3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Chris, the emulation log seem to be incomplete (they can sometimes take a few seconds to completely generate). We are looking for all the driver ref stuff.

Can you check the emulation log and see if complete and post again.

If at first...

Try this one...

Chris M

Attachments

• DK2.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi Chris,

Can you please try the following test.
1) Right-click the profile and select edit.
2) Under advanced setting, set drive option to 512, and debug value to 67.
3) Insert the cd (very important, dont try starting the profile with the above values without the cd in the drive, otherwise your machine may lockup).
4) Start the profile and see if it starts.

Let me know if it starts.

Did this, GJ cleared out of the way and ... nothing happened. However, checking the Task Manager, the game executable WAS running, just not doing anything visible. Browsers started to hang up as well, probably the sort of side-effect you mentioned so I regarded it as BRS time and rebooted. What next?

Chris M

Thinking...

Was hoping for a different result from that test. Do you have multiple dvd drives? And if you do, did you insert the cd into the same drive that you used to do the capture?

Sorry for the delay. was avoiding some wedding or other...

Yes, have two DVD drives but the same device was used throughout,

Chris M

Hi Chris,

We have just release v4.1.1.4, can you please download from here and test.

This version has a number of fixes for emulating TOC calls (I believe the TOC calls are causing your problem), I'm hoping this version will fix your issue, although because our last test did not work, it is hard to tell.

Anyway let me know, if still no good send me the logs again and we'll take another look.

Hi Matthew,

Tried again; again, the 'Cannot locate CD..' message comes up and the game installer starts... ZIP file attached,

Chris M

Attachments

• DK2.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 2
Trying to think of a bright side, one can suggest that this represents a baseline test data set for new releases... If it doesn't break the stuff that I use to make teleconferences bearable, then it's a good start... :)

Chris M

Ok... more tests with this profile.

Can you please try the following test.
1) Right-click the profile and select edit.
2) Under advanced setting, set driver option to 512, and debug value to 40.
3) Insert the cd (very important, dont try starting the profile with the above values without the cd in the drive, otherwise your machine may lockup).
4) Start the profile and see if it starts.

If it does start, try the above with a driver option value of 256, and debug value of 67.

Once again... very important that these tests are done with the games cd in the drive.

Sorry, results were as the 23rd April post. GJ tidies itself away, DKII.exe is resident in memory with 4088K memory usage and 1640K VM usage, but nothing happens. Other programs now refusing to shut or operate, BRS time!

Chris M

Minor postscript: one of the processes that wouldn't shutdown was SafeDisc.exe; that had to be killed manually...

Last edited:
Sorry, results were as the 23rd April post. GJ tidies itself away, DKII.exe is resident in memory with 4088K memory usage and 1640K VM usage, but nothing happens. Other programs now refusing to shut or operate, BRS time!

Chris M

Minor postscript: one of the processes that wouldn't shutdown was SafeDisc.exe; that had to be killed manually...

This is quite odd and I'm not understanding why it is going belly up... basically all this test is doing is forwarding some calls to the physical dvd in the drive (as opposed to emulating the calls). The only thing that comes to mind is if the calls are being forwarded to the drive that is empty. May be try running the test with media in both drives, it doesn't matter if it's the wrong disk, you simply end up getting a message say you have the wrong disk inserted.???

Problem is, unless this test works, I have no way of working out why the game wont start.

DKII comes on 2 discs, so I put the other one into the second drive and tried again. The game drive light goes on briefly but no splash screen or anything else comes up, GJ already having folded itself away. I've attached the logs for this attempt to this message. Is it worth trying the second set of values? Would that produce different logs?

Chris M

Attachments

• DK2.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 1
Back