• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Sad news for Cyberlink's PowerDVD users.

SamuriHL, I do hope you're right. In fact, lack of support for UHD Blu-Rays per se does not necessarily mean PowerDVD will stop playing UHD discs. On the other hand, their message is somewhat cryptic, since it does clearly state what kind of support is going away.

I am sure that no paranoia or false alarm anxiety is necessary when looking at such a warning message, given that Cyberlink is historically addicted to UHD Blu-Ray protection schemes. My PC is fitted with an AMD Ryzen processor. Until AnyDVD took matters in its own hands, I could never play a UHD Blu-Ray with PowerDVD.
Given that you're in the same boat as me with an amd, just grab the September patch and call it good. I've already tested it. It works fine. So at that point just leave it alone and it'll continue to work. If you take any further patches (WHY???) Then the risk is yours.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

What I love about PowerDVD, at least my old version, is that it probably has the easiest to use zoom control of practically any Windows player, though VLC probably still has the best slow motion control.

Well, today is November 3rd, so far everything seems to be fine, but I'll keep watching. I picked up and tried the UHD version of American Gangster, by Universal. This is the report:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.6.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40 1.05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 45512032 sectors (88890 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: AMERICANGANGSTER_UPK75
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 72
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Removed AACS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.

On a side note: My PC is fitted with an LG 32UL750 monitor, featuring Vesa's Display HDR600. PowerDVD produces an outstanding HDR picture quality, which is why I use my PC's display as a reference for my home theater. I sincerely hope it stays that way.

I'm setting up a media player for a friend based on a amd 7600x , rtx4070 and Pioneer bdr-s12uht running windows 11 pro. He wants to use powerdvd and has bought the latest version with a view it will perform as well as an oppo uhd 203. Please confirm if I load anydvd then I will be able to play uhd 4k disks.

IMO that's way overpowered .... you can play 4k on Intel CPUs with their embedded GPU, a current generation i5 should be sufficient.
If you want that thing to realtime encode 4k, then your setup might be reasonable.

IMO that's way overpowered .... you can play 4k on Intel CPUs with their embedded GPU, a current generation i5 should be sufficient.
If you want that thing to realtime encode 4k, then your setup might be reasonable.
The computer is actually for HQPlayer and hence the configuration. The person also wanted media playback and in particular PowerDVD. Hence my question but I assume the answer is yes.

It's what I used 20 years ago. A PC with PowerDVD and a DVD drive and a 5.1 Soundblaster to play DVDs and have 5.1 sound. 20 years later you should get a media player ( I recommend an Oppo clone) and play it with it. Ideally with an AVR like the Denon 4xxx and its Auro 3D upcaler for best surround sound. Excuse my recommendation if you are on a budget.

One of the reasons for getting the PC, other than audio playback, was to also serve as a media player to replace the Oppo. He is going to sell or relocate the Oppo.

Ok. I've purchased ANYDVD, installed PowerDVD, set SVM on in the BIOS, and tried to play a UHD 4K disk. Cyberlink report for Ultra HD Blu Ray shows Intel; SGX technology not supported. I know I have an AMD 7600x but I thought ANYDVD was a work around. What else do I need to do?

Is the disc you're trying to play decrypted by anydvd? Post an anydvd log so we can take a look.

Thanks for your support.
The ANYDVD log is ..

1699156316874.png

I understand the Pioneer firmware should not have been updated to 1.4
Am I correct in saying my firmware is 1.01 ???

Well that's NOT a log, that's a screenshot of anydvd. That's issue number 1. You need to create a log file and attach it here.

Second, it very clearly shows that it did not decrypt the disc so that obviously doesn't help powerdvd. Given that it's a Pioneer official uhd drive you'll need to ensure makemkv is installed on addition to anydvd so that anydvd can enable libredrive. That is the only way it can work with official uhd drives.

The log file I requested you make and attach will show any further issues that may need to be addressed. Once anydvd is decrypting the disc, it'll play just fine in powerdvd so you're almost there.

Yes, just realised that. I have uploaded the log file ...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.7_Info_D_MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 4.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Hi.. Thanks. I have installed MakeMKV and the disc is now recognised and the AACS copy protectioon is removed but AGID couldnt be retrieved.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.7_Info_D_MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 4.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
do i need to purchase the MakeMKV licence for it to work. It is currently shareware? Apologies for all these questions and I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but I'm most grateful for your assistance !!!

do i need to purchase the MakeMKV licence for it to work. It is currently shareware? Apologies for all these questions and I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but I'm most grateful for your assistance !!!
MakeMKV is totally free while in beta, and you have to from time to time get another beta key for the software to work, but the creator of the software appreciates it if you could buy a license.

Powerdvd is still not working. Makemkv us currently generating a mlv file?
I don't know if the following information will help you:

For a long time, PowerDVD would not play my UHD discs, because my PC is fitted with an AMD Ryzen CPU. It started to be successful with AnyDVD HD after it was capable of playing UHD in non-Intel machines. But, more importantly, I have always used what is called a UHD-friendly drive, namely the LG HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40.

If your drive does not support UHD discs yet, but it is capable of, you should use a tool to unlock its firmware.

I don't know if the following information will help you:

For a long time, PowerDVD would not play my UHD discs, because my PC is fitted with an AMD Ryzen CPU. It started to be successful with AnyDVD HD after it was capable of playing UHD in non-Intel machines. But, more importantly, I have always used what is called a UHD-friendly drive, namely the LG HL-DT-ST BD-REWH16NS40.

If your drive does not support UHD discs yet, but it is capable of, you should use a tool to unlock its firmware.
Thanks for your support. I've got it to the point makemkv is able to extract the 4k uhd to disk which I can then play with potplayer but not yet powerdvd (unsupported format). I'm still building the PC and yet to add the Nvidia card which I will try tomorrow. Hopefully the use of NVIDIA solves the "unsupported format" issue.

No no no. You don't use makemkv. You only install it. You said anydvd was decrypting the disc. Ignore the agid issue, that's a red herring and meaningless. If the disc is decrypted, powerdvd should play it. I'll test later with my pio drive on my amd machine just to verify. If the official drive is indeed causing playback issues, use anydvd rip to image option and then mount the image with virtual clonedrive. That I know works.

Back