• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rpc2 drive????

Downloaded the trial of Clone DVD and Anydvd. Can copy the dvd fine but when it come to anydvd reading the disc to copy it to i have a warning come up saying...

''Your drive is a region locked RPC2 drive which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you can try to read a DVD from a different region. Known drives having this problem are RICOH/PHILIPS DVD writer and Matshita/Panasonic DVD reader writers. You can try to find a RCP1 patched firmware at rpc1.com
OR
Your drive is an RPC2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region. Try to assign one or try to find a rcp1 patched firmware at rpc1.com''

Im assuming this means theres a problem with my laptop/disc drive?? or is it a problem with the type of discs i am trying to copy to (DVD-R) i have tried copying with both a region one and two dvd and tried a different set of discs to copy to. Not very technical so wondering if anyone can help?? Is there anything on my laptop (windows vista) settings wise that i can change? ive looked at the rpc1 website and it doesnt make any sense to me so any advice on solving the problem would be great, thanks!!!

Please post a logfile (rightclick on the Fox head) and post here with
attach.gif
so we can see some details about your system.

right click on this webpage? its only saying the usual - open in new window, save as etc.

right click the fox icon in the notification toolbar bottom right corner of the computer screen and select create logfile like asked. Then when you make next post reply use the paperclip like mentioned and attach those created zipped logfiles to the post for any further help like mentioned already

right clicked the icon and then 'create logfile' but as its a trial version the ''trial information - 18 days left of 21 day trial period''

is this the info--

Drive G
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.7)
ZTE USB SCSI CD-ROM 2.31
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Data CD.

Total size: 13165 sectors (25 MBytes)

Drive E
No Disc is present in Drive E:!
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT10N 1.00 08/08/20 R2 PL02

Go into Windows Device Manager and check the brand of your laptop drive. If it's one of the brands mentioned in the message..... there NOTHING anyone can do. If you have one of those drives , you need to use only DVD's for the region the drive is locked to.

-W

My drive is an Hitachi, but cant find the informaion that tells you what region it locked into - clonedvd copies the disc fine and anydvd scan it ok, but when i insert the disc to copy to anydvd scans and then the warning comes up - so is it the discs im having problems with maybe?

"Your drive is an RPC2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region"

Looks to me like you need to set the region code on your drive.

"Your drive is an RPC2 drive that has not yet been assigned a region"

Looks to me like you need to set the region code on your drive.

Yes... you need to assign the drive a region. EXIT ANYDVD and go into device manager and right click your DVD Drive. Assign it to the region you get most of your DVD's from.

-W

assign region

ive done like you said and gone into device manager and right clicking the drives only gives me the options uninstall, disable, update hardware (which is already up to date) and properties - which has no region coding options.

but like ive said clone and anydvd have no problem copying the original dvd its when i try to copy to a blank disc is when the warning pops up

thanks for all your comments so far!!!

When you get into Device Manager you'll see "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" click the plus sign to the left of it and your drive will appear below. Right click on your drive and click properties you'll see the Region tab. Set it to where ever you get your DVDs.

Last edited:
Back