• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rocky Balboa

FixVTS and Menushrink stopped

From Videohelp.com

FixVTS and Menushrink stopped

Slysoft: how will this affect the Sony protection problem described in this thread? I am sure that Sony will now modify it's destructive practices so that present editions of FixVTS will no longer be enough.

I think FixVTS is open source. Perhaps future modifications of it can be part of AnyDVD?

Thanks for a great product. I am sure you will continue to humiliate Sony.

Let's be clear about one thing here...if you're using nothing but CloneDVD and AnyDVD, the demise of FixVTS is of no consequence at all.

Now, that being said, if you're a DVD Shrink or Recode user, this could prove to be a very bad situation for the moment. While it's true that MOST of the time merely ripping the disc with CloneDVD in DL mode to your hard drive allows Shrink or Recode to open it and back it up fully, there have been documented cases where this has not worked. Running those discs through FixVTS appears to solve the problem.

In any case, James has said that they're working on a stand alone ripper to use with AnyDVD that should remove all traces of any protection and give a completely compliant DVD structure that can be opened with anything. I don't know when that will be available. For now, the CloneDVD ripping method combined with the current version of FixVTS will work.

Yes, but.....

'Let's be clear about one thing here...if you're using nothing but CloneDVD and AnyDVD, the demise of FixVTS is of no consequence at all.'

This may be true TODAY. But how long do you think before Sony adds destructive information so that the old FixVTS won't do the trick?

But like I said before, I have total confidence that Slysoft will adapt as it always seems to.

Thanks again!

'Let's be clear about one thing here...if you're using nothing but CloneDVD and AnyDVD, the demise of FixVTS is of no consequence at all.'

This may be true TODAY. But how long do you think before Sony adds destructive information so that the old FixVTS won't do the trick?

But like I said before, I have total confidence that Slysoft will adapt as it always seems to.

Thanks again!

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying there. If you're using CloneDVD and AnyDVD together and NOTHING ELSE, then FixVTS is not *EVER* necessary. It's *ONLY* necessary when you're trying to open the files with Recode or DVD Shrink. AnyDVD and CloneDVD together will copy any protection out there and as paid for products from Slysoft will continue to be updated as new protections come out. Therefore, as I said, the FixVTS disappearance has absolutely no consequence to CloneDVD/AnyDVD users.

Last edited:
Thanks for a great product. I am sure you will continue to humiliate Sony.

Sure. You can bet your balls on this. :D

(Nevertheless, please avoid Sony Pictures movies if possible. Vote with you purse. Don't buy Blu-ray. Let them starve.)

My balls

I don't bet them lightly.

But yes,

on this I will.

Thanks SLYSOFT!

Sony needs to understand that three year olds trash dvds and that backups need to be made.

It's been a long day...yes, that's exactly what I meant. Sorry about that.

I figured I'd point it out before someone else read it and maybe got confused. :)

Why do you think my postings usually have a billion edits? I keep editing out typos, words I somehow left out since my typing and thoughts aren't in sync and I think of new stuff when I've already finished and submitted the message. ;)

Last edited:
I figured I'd point it out before someone else read it and maybe got confused. :)

Why do you think my postings usually have a billion edits? I keep editing out typos, words I somehow left out since my typing and thoughts aren't in sync and I think of new stuff when I've already finished and submitted the message. ;)

LOL! Yea, mine do, too, at times. I just edited it so hopefully no one gets confused.

Sure. You can bet your balls on this. :D

(Nevertheless, please avoid Sony Pictures movies if possible. Vote with you purse. Don't buy Blu-ray. Let them starve.)

I am avoiding ANYTHING made by Sony. Have been since the rootkit.

I think the only way to end their supremacy over the entertainment industry is to boycott anything with their name on it. Including their electronics.

Drink too much

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

This thread says the following:

1) FixVTs no longer exists

2) As of today that is not a problem

3) In the future Sony is going to corrupt disks so that it will be a problem.

4) James and the Slycrew will respond to anything that Sony does.

5) We win.

Back