• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping with Speed Menu enabled

MikeA

Still trying to get Mockingjay 2 to work with TMT, but with Speed Menus, since I can play Mockingjay 2 with TMT using Speed Menus.

I am now trying to come up with a setup that allows me to play my ripped collection with AnyDVD/VCD/TMT so that all my movies play with the original menus and Mockingjay 2 plays with Speed Menus, without having to fiddle with AnyDVD speed menu settings.

So, here is a summary of my tests:
- Speed menus enabled in AnyDVD. AnyDVD decrypts all these versions of the movie - physical disc, ripped copy containing original menus, ripped copy containing speed menus - and TMT plays them properly using the Speed Menu instead of the original menu.
- Speed menus disabled in AnyDVD. AnyDVD doesn't properly decrypt all these versions of the movie. For the original and ripped copy containing the original menus, the movie won't play and this is expected. However, I expected that with the ripped copy containing speed menus, that the movie would be decrypted and would play correctly, but it also fails.

To create the ripped copy with speed menus I enabled speed menus in AnyDVD, then had it decrypt the movie, and then rip to ISO. Once done, I disable speed menus in AnyDVD.

Am I trying to do this correctly?
Thanks.

- sm's enabled: they're present in the rip, proper way to do it
- sm's disables: read your other topics again. TMT BUG, anydvd decrypts them just fine.

Again, the problem is your TMT player not Anydvd. I wonder how many more topics it will take for you to understand this. Don't get me wrong, we're here to help. However no matter how many topics you create, it won't change the fact that the problem is your player. Tmt won't fix itself magically.

For this particular disc I would recommend ripping it protected. That way it stays in its original form. And any changes that need to be made are done on the fly by mounting with VCD and letting AnyDVDHD scan it. Nothing is permanently changed.
Then just use TMT to view it . From the virtual drive.
I only rip protected for that very reason. Although I use an older version of PDVD though.

Also in the speedmenu settings area there is a tickable box for; keep original menu.
That works for most disc's. However there's some it don't work well or at all. If you have that selected and have issues with payback on some disc's deselect and see if it helps. I know of at least two disc's that were unplayable because of that setting. That are fixed now.
Most of the time though if it has a problem it will inform you at start of decryption.

PS
The right-clicking of a setting in AnyDVDHD gives you a more detailed description in most cases. But you should already know this.

- sm's enabled: they're present in the rip, proper way to do it
- sm's disables: read your other topics again. TMT BUG, anydvd decrypts them just fine.

Again, the problem is your TMT player not Anydvd. I wonder how many more topics it will take for you to understand this. Don't get me wrong, we're here to help. However no matter how many topics you create, it won't change the fact that the problem is your player. Tmt won't fix itself magically.

Chevron
No need to be condescending. I tried to be clear in my post that I understand TMT has a problem here.
It doesn't seem to me like my current problem is with TMT, but rather maybe I am not using Speed Menus properly or misunderstanding how AnyDVD with speed menus disabled interacts with a rip that was done with speed menus enabled.
TMT plays the Mockingjay 2 disc if I insert either the original disc or a ripped, protected ISO and have Speed Menus enabled in AnyDVD when it decrypts the disc. So, read my first post again, and then read this one again. TMT plays Mockingjay 2 with Speed Menus enabled.
What I want to do, if at all possible, is rip Mockingjay 2 so that the original menus are replaced with speed menus. Then I hope that loading that speed menu enabled rip into AnyDVD with speed menus disabled (since the rip should already have speed menus), will allow it to be played. You, yourself, suggested this should work in the earlier thread. If it doesn't it doesn't.

" As far as speedmenu goes, if you rip to ISO with the speedmenu option active, then yes the speedmenu will replace the stock menu. AnyDVD can be enabled on virtual drives in the player selection option which would then trigger a scan of the ISO and apply your settings you specified."

Seems like we are both stuck in our beliefs/hopes on this issue.
Mike

For this particular disc I would recommend ripping it protected. That way it stays in its original form. And any changes that need to be made are done on the fly by mounting with VCD and letting AnyDVDHD scan it. Nothing is permanently changed.
Then just use TMT to view it . From the virtual drive.
I only rip protected for that very reason. Although I use an older version of PDVD though.

Also in the speedmenu settings area there is a tickable box for; keep original menu.
That works for most disc's. However there's some it don't work well or at all. If you have that selected and have issues with payback on some disc's deselect and see if it helps. I know of at least two disc's that were unplayable because of that setting. That are fixed now.
Most of the time though if it has a problem it will inform you at start of decryption.

PS
The right-clicking of a setting in AnyDVDHD gives you a more detailed description in most cases. But you should already know this.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am doing the original rip with protection enabled, and have done that for all my rips.
I have also unticked the keep original menus box in the speed menu settings, since that menu is definitely where the problems begin with TMT and it's inability to handle this disc. No argument there.
As mentioned in my other posts, I am trying to replace the original menus in Mockingjay 2 with speed menus by ripping a copy, with protection, whilst speed menus are enabled in AnyDVD. I am then hoping that rip, with speed menus embedded, will decrypt with stock AnyDVD with speed menus disabled (since that is what I want for all my other movies), and play in TMT. So far my experiments suggest that this won't work.
Mike

First, there's nothing condescending about it. Now, If you're ripping WITH protection speedmenu will not be added. Speedmenu is added DURING decryption, if you're ripping with protection intact then the decryption driver is completely bypassed. No decryption, no speedmenu. It's that simple.

The one correct way to add it is having sm's enabled during ripping with decrypting, you can keep protection on an have it added later but then the sm will be added on-the-fly and will NOT be present in the rip itself.

To create the ripped copy with speed menus I enabled speed menus in AnyDVD, then had it decrypt the movie, and then rip to ISO. Once done, I disable speed menus in AnyDVD.

Am I trying to do this correctly?

I would enable Speedmenu in AnyDVD, insert Mockingjay 2 disc, let AnyDVD decrypt then rip to ISO image without protection checked/ticked.
Now disable the Speedmenu setting and continue ripping as you normally would with the rest of your discs.
Mockingjay 2 will then always have Speedmenu embedded in the ISO image and the rest will continue as normal.

First, there's nothing condescending about it. Now, If you're ripping WITH protection speedmenu will not be added. Speedmenu is added DURING decryption, if you're ripping with protection intact then the decryption driver is completely bypassed. No decryption, no speedmenu. It's that simple.

The one correct way to add it is having sm's enabled during ripping with decrypting, you can keep protection on an have it added later but then the sm will be added on-the-fly and will NOT be present in the rip itself.

What do you know. Once protection was removed the speed menus stuck, and I now can load with my normal sequence of AnyDVD/VCD/TMT, and it plays in TMT.
Would have been nice to know about having to remove protection earlier, would have saved a lot of time and forum stress.

I guess persistence paid off on this one.

I would enable Speedmenu in AnyDVD, insert Mockingjay 2 disc, let AnyDVD decrypt then rip to ISO image without protection checked/ticked.
Now disable the Speedmenu setting and continue ripping as you normally would with the rest of your discs.
Mockingjay 2 will then always have Speedmenu embedded in the ISO image and the rest will continue as normal.

Thanks for the help. Removing protection was the key missing step.

No worries, sometimes it takes a while for things to become fully clear as to what exactly is the problem and what the solution is. The main thing is that the problem is fixed :)

What do you know. Once protection was removed the speed menus stuck, and I now can load with my normal sequence of AnyDVD/VCD/TMT, and it plays in TMT.
Would have been nice to know about having to remove protection earlier, would have saved a lot of time and forum stress.

I guess persistence paid off on this one.
If no protection is on the iso then there's no need to load it into AnyDVDHD after mounting it actually. And can cause confusion for you when it errors out with a replacement error with the jar files.

Yes there is, if you didn't add speedmenu the first time during decryption. Speedmenu may possibly will be added but the chances of that error message increase on a previously decrypted disc.

Yes there is, if you didn't add speedmenu the first time during decryption. Speedmenu may possibly will be added but the chances of that error message increase on a previously decrypted disc.
Do huh?

What do you know. Once protection was removed the speed menus stuck, and I now can load with my normal sequence of AnyDVD/VCD/TMT

Well if you actually read HIS post he specifically said he put a speedmenu on it when he ripped it without protection.

You might want to read #6 again and his response in #8. His issue was NOT removing protection and applying SM's afterwards. The issue is solved.

Last edited:
Back