• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping to HD doesn't let Shrink process "Podróž za Jedem Uśmiech"

jpmccusa

The DVD is "Podróž za Jedem Uśmiech" and ripping the disc first doesn't permit the use of DVDshrink for further processing.

Logfile is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.1.0_Info_E_PODROZ_ZA_JEDEN_USMIECH.zip
    141.4 KB · Views: 3
Video DVD (or CD) label: PODROZ_ZA_JEDEN_USMIECH
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

Video Standard: PAL

Unlikely this is a retail disc, the disc is unprotected. You don't need anydvd to process it

The DVD is "Podróž za Jedem Uśmiech" and ripping the disc first doesn't permit the use of DVDshrink for further processing.

Logfile is attached.

Please update to AnyDVD 6.8.4.1 and post another log. The version you are using is out of date.

Yes, it's commercial

Yes, it's a commercial release. The updated AnyDVD had no effect --- still no shrinkage with DVDshrink. Yes, I used the rip to HD option on AnyDVD.

New log attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.4.1_Info_F_PODROZ_ZA_JEDEN_USMIECH.zip
    140.7 KB · Views: 1
What's the error?
I've yet to find an AnyDVD "rip to harddisk" rip that Shrink can't process. EVER

-W

What happens...

What happens is that at the top where we get the green line, there is some red as well. When this has happened in the past with discs, ripping to HD solved the problem. Here, even working with the ripped file instead of the disc, the red part of the bar remains, and when I try to Backup, it says that the file is too large for the 4.4GB disc size. There is no difference in the size of the red and green bars whether I use the ripped file or the disc itself, and I get the same message.

Hope that clarifies things.

Hope that clarifies things.

No not really. Please provide a link to an online shop where this title can be purchased. To your log:

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.8.4.1)
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-E60L 1.00 07/05/15 7U02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 4102998 sectors (8013 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PODROZ_ZA_JEDEN_USMIECH
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Video Standard: PAL

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.8.4.1 ) is up to date. This is the current beta version.

Code:
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-E60L 1.00 07/05/15 7U02
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which can be the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

This disk contains structural protection. Please either use AnyDVDs 'Rip To Harddrive' function or use CloneDVD. See here for details.

SysInfo

You are using Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2. Please update to the latest Service Pack.

DVD Shrink is old and hasn't been supported for years.

Have you tried to rip and shrink this DVD using Clone DVD 2? I have had several DVDs that DVD Shrink refused to shrink, but Clone DVD squished them down just fine. The new protections coming out make DVD Shrink less and less useful.

I suggest you trial Clone DVD, I did and never regretted dumping DVD Shrink for Clone DVD. I am now a lifetime subscriber.

Download the installer from http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html, you get to trial it for 21 days.

OK, here

Here's a purchase link:

http://merlin.pl/Podroz-za-jeden-usmiech_Stanislaw-Jedryka/browse/product/2,622016.html

This happens with both of my computers, the second of which has XP SP 3. It also happens with three different external drives and one internal drive, with no apparent effect resulting from switching hardware.

I appreciate the recommendation about clone but I have to say that I had a trial download about 3 years ago...three of the four discs I tried failed, when shrink succeeded.

While I'm here --- thanks for all the help, not just now but over the years. I really do appreciate it all!

If I understand right your problem is that DVD Shrink can't shrink the movie down because it needs too much compression to get it to fit on to a SL DVD-R. What happens if you set it to 'Custom' then move the slider to the left? If you take it all the way to the left and it still has red then it's not possible to shrink it without removing some of the extras etc

Right...

Yeah, it still has the red...and no extras except the menus.

How big is the folder on the Hard drive? And how big does explorer think the disc is?

How long is the movie?

Last edited:
How big is the folder on the Hard drive? And how big does explorer think the disc is?

How long is the movie?

Yes.... I think that might get to the bottom of this...

If need be.... re-author for the Main Movie - and Shrink it twice.... taking 25% off each round.

-W

DVD Shrink is old and hasn't been supported for years.

Irrelevant.
This problem has nothing to do with the "age" of Shrink.
If presented with a "proper DVD structure" (the DVD standard is unchanged for over a decade) Shrink will work until the end of time.

-W

It's like this...

The ripped file is 8,402,305,107 (7.82GB) and it lasts 3:24:12 (7 episodes of a TV series). However, it's in black-and-white.

Could it really just be TOO big? I had no trouble at all with "Eureka" (3:37:00, also in B&W {sepia, actually}).

The ripped file is 8,402,305,107 (7.82GB) and it lasts 3:24:12 (7 episodes of a TV series). However, it's in black-and-white.

Could it really just be TOO big? I had no trouble at all with "Eureka" (3:37:00, also in B&W {sepia, actually}).

YES It can just be "too big"... Shrink it in 2 steps. Shave 30% off each time.

-W

Thanks

Right you are, I'll give it a go!

Thanks very much for all the help, guys!

Back