Ripping problems and solutions

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by roog, Mar 3, 2007.

1. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Anyone else having problems with not being able to turn off the subtitles in Superman Returns?

2. djh901

djh901 Member

Titles that will Not Play after Rip

So far it seems that I have problems with Mission Impossible 3, King Kong, and now BatMan Returns...anydvd hd rips them fine, however they will not play from the folder at all...I have talked about this before and on several other forums...it seems to be in the cyber link hd software and not AnyDvd Hd.

I don't understand why some hd dvds will rip and play back fine from the hard drive while others done exactly the same way will crash the software and not play.

3. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Batman Returns

I've successfully ripped Batman Returns on both XP and Vista. What's your hardware and software configuration

4. roog

roog Well-Known Member

More Batman Returns Info

I've found that PowerDVD Ultra crashes more often on Vista than XP. I was at the point where I was going to fall back to XP on the Vista PC but things mysteriously got better. I suspect that some software or driver update must have occurred through automatic updates.

Also, have you checked to see if you have the latest bios and driver updates for your motherboard and graphics card?

5. roog

roog Well-Known Member

P.S - King Kong

It rips and plays fine as well.

6. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I assume you are referring to the HD-DVD or Blu Ray? As this is the HD part forum and not the anydvd (classic) forum.

7. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Hello Charlie

Thanks for the reply. Superman Returns on HD DVD. Next time I'll make sure I mention that.

8. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Let me try one more time

Batman returns and King Kong are also HD DVD.

9. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Kewl thanks for clarifying this so it is known by all.

10. roog

roog Well-Known Member

Superman Returns

Returned the HD DVD version of Superman Returns and exchanged it for the Blu-ray version. No problems with subtitles using the Blu-ray version.