• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped images corrupted/unreadable (7.5.2.0)

chaplin

Hi,

I am currently stuck with an issue. I am using AnyDVD HD (latest release) and unfortunately some of my rips (although there are no errors during the ripping itself) are corrupt. I have changed my HDD (the one I rip to), installed a fresh a new OS (from Win7 to Win 8.1 Pro), I have changed my Blu-Ray drive (Pioneer 207D --> Pioneer 209D) but the issue is still there.

When I try to convert using Handrbrake, handbrake will just stop in the middle of the movie and consider it has finished. When I try to copy my Blu-Ray image from one HDD to another (I tried with 4 Differents HDD to make sure), explorer will just hang in the middle of copying the file which confirms an issue with the Blu-Ray image (Files or ISO have the same problem). The only explanation that I can think of for the moment is an issue with AnyDVD HD (I have been using it for many many years and never had this before), it occurs currently with ~30% of my Blu-Rays now (some of them are new out of the box). I am not 100% sure but I think that it started with 7.5.2.0.

Any Idea nd help is welcome.

Thx

Hi,

I am currently stuck with an issue. I am using AnyDVD HD (latest release) and unfortunately some of my rips (although there are no errors during the ripping itself) are corrupt. I have changed my HDD (the one I rip to), installed a fresh a new OS (from Win7 to Win 8.1 Pro), I have changed my Blu-Ray drive (Pioneer 207D --> Pioneer 209D) but the issue is still there.

When I try to convert using Handrbrake, handbrake will just stop in the middle of the movie and consider it has finished. When I try to copy my Blu-Ray image from one HDD to another (I tried with 4 Differents HDD to make sure), explorer will just hang in the middle of copying the file which confirms an issue with the Blu-Ray image (Files or ISO have the same problem). The only explanation that I can think of for the moment is an issue with AnyDVD HD (I have been using it for many many years and never had this before), it occurs currently with ~30% of my Blu-Rays now (some of them are new out of the box). I am not 100% sure but I think that it started with 7.5.2.0.

An ISO image is just data - even if AnyDVD gets it wrong, it's still data.
There is no way in the world, that AnyDVD could output an ISO file that would cause Explorer to hang while copying, that is technically impossible.

You either have a hardware problem or some other software is interfering with your filesystem.

RE: I am using AnyDVD HD (latest release) and unfortunately some of my rips (although there are no errors during the ripping itself) are corrupt.

The VERY first thing to do is put the disk in and then right click the "FOX" icon and do the "RIP" video disk to HD. The BEST way to "process" any Blue ray or DVD video is to first transfer it to the hardrive. I have seen many optical drives fail to do video processing from the disks in real time that work fine using the files which are now located on the hardrive. If the disk won't rip then you need to see if the disk itself is defective. The best way to do that is close AnyDVD and open ImgBurn and click on "Create Image File From Disk" option. If the disk image completes then the blue ray disk is ok and that means the data it contains maybe faulty, at least in the sense that the blue ray structure is borked when you try to play it back. If you can't get either of these options to complete the copy to hardrive operation then do a filesystem check on the hardrive by right clicking the drive and clicking "Properties" and "Tools" and then "Check Now". If it is a system drive it will have to be done on reboot. The BEST way to do a complete hardrive checkup and repair is to use "CHKDSK" from an elevated "Command Prompt" using either Win7 or 8. If the harddrive is ok or after the errors are fixed then if you can't copy the disk with or without AnyDVD running then it's the blue ray disk is bad or the optical disk player/burner is bad. Try ripping the disk on another PC to test your optical drive, if it rips ok then your drive is faulty and if you're lucky you can use some compressed air to clean it or you take it apart and clean the lazer surface off. I have had lots of stuttering, freezing playback issues with my Panasonic blue ray players that were easily fixed using these methods. Sometimes a little lint can cause big problems with optical disks, hope this helps with your "faulty disks". Also I have used both Win7 and Win8 and seem to have a easier time re-encoding 3D disks especially using Win7. I think my Win8.1 setup is not allowing me to over clock the i7 CPU like the Win7 does, but that might just be my specific setup.

PS: Just saw you are using Handbrake and imho I think you are better off if you first process the disk into a "Movie Only" folder using perhaps "Clown BD" to process your AnyDVD rips. Handbrake really has a problem dealing with Blue Ray menu's and picking out the correct playlist's. You can preprocess the disk and only keep the movie and a few audio tracks and subtitles and handbrake will have any easier time rebuilding it, IMHO. Maybe others have a different opinion though, and I would like to see how they deal with Handbrake and Java menus.

Last edited:
Back