• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip to Image / Hard Disk audio is in wrong language

preiner

I have anydvd hd 6.4.6.9 language selectionset to english.

All of my BlueRay disks have always worked.

However, today when I try to backup a newly released title, the audio is in french. During playback I cant change the language.

Moreover when trying to split the BR into DVDs using DVD-Cloner BlueRay to DVD Pro, I get error reporting missing video streams when source = original BR or the BR rip I have.

Seems like the BR is somehow non-standard and AnyDVD HD isnt handling correctly.

When I play the original BR, it plays fine.

I have an LG BR/HDDVD combo drive. I flashed the drive less than a month ago.

I dont think the drive is the issue as it plays properly without anydvd hd

are you just playing back the m2ts file? if so check out section 18 the the FAQ sticky

Audio Q Followup

AdBears response makes perfect sense and indeed this must be occuring.

I reverted to playing .mts files because powerdvd ultra 8 wasnt playing the unprotected movie anydvd hd created.

I have loaded the latest powerdvd update but everytime i try to play the movie i get a window popping up saying I need to download a critical patch in powerdvd. I hit yes, the patch applies instantly but the movie never starts

Any ideas how to get powerdvd to play an unprotected BR rip from anydvd hd?

I even tried ripping to ISO, but I got the same results

It depends on the film, I find nearly all mine work in PowerDVD 7.3 4407, but in 8 you have to jump around more. Things like Ironman seem to work better in build 1830 whilst others only work in the latest, and others (Like Dr No) don't seem to play in any version I've tried

Any reasons why PowerDVD is so unstable playing unprotected Blue-Ray DVDs

I cant understand why PowerDVD (a formal licensee of BR), would have any trouble playing any unprotected BR disk image.

Either they are truly hideous coders or AnyDVD HD isnt producing valid disk images.

Thoughts?

I cant understand why PowerDVD (a formal licensee of BR), would have any trouble playing any unprotected BR disk image.

Either they are truly hideous coders or AnyDVD HD isnt producing valid disk images.

Thoughts?

1. Rip the BD disc to an ISO with the AnyDVD ripper via Rip to Image....
  2. Mount the .DVD file using Virtual CloneDrive that is created along with the .ISO.
  3. Play the disc with PowerDVD

PowerDVD7 and PowerDVD8 play all my BD unprotected images just fine. You need to look at how you are doing things and see why it's not working. No offense intended but the problem isn't always the software used but rather the person using it.

Update to AnyDVD HD 6.4.7.5 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=20466
Refer here for a very small list of known problematic discs: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=21177

Last edited:
I'd already tried all that with Dr No and still no joy playing back the Image, I've posted in a few places asking if anyone has had any luck with it, but so far I haven't heard back from anyone to say they have ( a few have said they have the same problem though).

This is the only one I have so far that I can't get to play

Rip To ISO Fails With Bizzare Message

No offense taken.

This does take some technical understanding.

I have several Blue-Ray ISOs that mount using Daemon Tools Lite and play using Power DVD Ultra 8.

However recently, it seems like every BR disk I get fails for one reason or another.

Last night, after waiting 2 hours for a rip to ISO to complete, I got a message indicating the file was too large for the filesystem.

Since its a 3 TB raid NTFS partition with many files exceeding 100GB each, there is no way this 40 gig file is too large.

I also checkdisked and copied an existing large file just to check. There is no filesystem issue. This has to be an anydvd beta issue.

When I use Nero Showtime 4 to playback, it can playback from folder, but it seems somehow to not know which stream(s) to play. It loses all understanding of chapters, etc.

If I point to an MTS file, then it loops on that one MTS and never proceed to the next and it doesnt play the correct accompanying sound track.

I understand I can crack the audio stream with TSMUX or similar but thats a total pain. Seems like this should be built-in to AnyDVD as an option and/or in the player s/w.

At the end of the day, I cant get the ISO created from AnyDVD and I cant get any player to properly play from a folder.

This should be a 1 or 2 button operation, but its full of manual error-prone steps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well... If you are receiving a message that the file is too big for your filesystem then you have far more serious problems going on that are outside the scope of AnyDVD, PowerDVD, or your virtual drive software.

I have two 750 GB drives in RAID 0 and have had no issues though I rarely rip to those drives. I usually rip to one of my other 750 GB drives.

I still recommend using Virtual CloneDrive.

1. Uninstall DT
  2. Uninstall the SPTD driver using the SPTD installer/uninstaller from Secure Duplex since DT doesn't automatically uninstall it.
  3. Reboot
  4. Install Virtual CloneDrive
  5. Reboot

Last edited:
Partial Solution

Based on the sincere feedback I received, I decided uninstall Daemon Tools Lite and try CloneDrive.

Once I did, AnyDVD ran fine (no error message about file too large) and PowerDVD was able to play the disk FINALLY.

I notice that clone drive isnt quite as easy to use as DTL. DTL has a system tray icon that makes it easy to mount an image.

I actually had to hunt around to figure out how to mount an ISO in CloneDrive. I couldnt select the ISO, right click and choose mount. That is too obvious.

Instead I have to open explorer, choose the drive and then choose mount.

But since it works and its free. I am not complaining, just offering a suggestion for an improvement.

So that solves part 1. I have the bluray disk ripped.

Now I want to dump all the extra garbage on the disk and only keep the main movie with the english audio. If that ever works, I would like to down convert the result to DVD for playback on my dvd player in my bedroom until BR prices come down and the BR spec quits changing.

I followed the advice in section 18 of the faq and tried tsmux and tsmuxgui. Its great!. It downconverted the audio to AC3, removed the other audio tracks and split the mts file into DVD chunks AND put the result in blu-ray folder compatible structure...

Life is getting better.

Now if only Blu-ray to DVD Pro would only stop crashing every single time i use it, I could actually watch the movie.

Thanks for all the help. If you have any further ideas, I would be happy to try them.

if when you installed it you let it associate ISO files with VCD then you can just double click on the ISO you want and it should auto mount, that's all I have to do

Yes, let the installer associate itself with the file extensions and you just need to double-click. Also for ISOs for movies I would recommend double-clicking on the .DVD file and not the ISO file when mounting in CloneDrive.

Back