• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip To Image And Playlist Protection

TiVoMad

Hi All,
I just wanted to get a bit of clarification on something. I always use the 'Rip To Image' facility of AnyDVD HD as I like to keep the extras and menus if possible. Now, I know that a few titles are out there that use Java to detect that it's a copy and then play the wrong playlist. My question is - does AnyDVD HD attempt to fix this kind of protection when I select 'Rip to Image' ? I guess it would be pretty difficult to patch it in the iso but then, these guys are good 8). If it can't patch it then I guess this is a prime example of where to use Speedmenu ?

Kind Regards,
TiVo.

Hi All,
I just wanted to get a bit of clarification on something. I always use the 'Rip To Image' facility of AnyDVD HD as I like to keep the extras and menus if possible. Now, I know that a few titles are out there that use Java to detect that it's a copy and then play the wrong playlist. My question is - does AnyDVD HD attempt to fix this kind of protection when I select 'Rip to Image' ? I guess it would be pretty difficult to patch it in the iso but then, these guys are good 8). If it can't patch it then I guess this is a prime example of where to use Speedmenu ?

As soon as AnyDVD is running, your system "sees" an unprotected, decrypted disc. When you play an original disc while AnyDVD is running, you will get EXACTLY the same thing, as you would after "ripping" it to an ISO.

Note that the "rip to image" option just copies, because all the magic has already been done.

So: when you create an ISO (an unprotected one, that is), it will have the exact properties you have set in AnyDVD's settings - and of course, all protections, including ScreenPass (the one with the incorrect playlists) will have been taken care of.

Thanks Peer, that's great. I can get on with ripping my newer titles now :).

I'm a developer myself and have written a couple of filter drivers in the past - I know how tricky they can be. I salute you !

Kind Regards,
TiVo.

Back