• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip to HDD Vs rip to Image

rklpoon

Can anyone tell me the pros & cons of ripping a blu-ray disc to HDD Vs Image pls?

1. Software players require the Blu-ray structure be built as an ISO image for playing. Won't play as a BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders anymore.

2. More convient and easier to use if you have the Blu-ray structure ripped to the hard dirive if you are going to use other software programs like TSMUXER.

3. If you like only one file (ISO image) instead of a bunch of folders and files (Blu-ray structure) on hard drive.

I personally like ripped Blu-ray structure to the hard drive over creating an ISO image of the Blu-ray structure, and so do most all of the other software programs that draw from the homemade compliant Blu-ray structure.

Any good software burning program can burn both ISO image and Blu-ray structure to a blank media disk
:agree:

Most of my Blu-ray backups use the path:
rip to hard drive, edit & downsize, build homemade compliant Blu-ray structure (as ISO image or BDMV folder), burn to blank disk(s)

hi def software player fans most likely would go for ISO image building
hi def hardware player fans most likely would go for Blu-ray structure to hard drive building

Last edited by a moderator:
Back