• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip Playable Files to Hard Drive (not iso)

Av8r

I'd like to rip some movies to my HDD to later stream to TV with my media streamer. Is that possilble with this software?

I'm mostly wanting to do this with Blue Rays. I am getting a BD burner tomorrow.

I'd like to rip some movies to my HDD to later stream to TV with my media streamer. Is that possilble with this software?

I'm mostly wanting to do this with Blue Rays. I am getting a BD burner tomorrow.

Blu-rays? No. DVDs? Yes. For Blu-ray use the ripper in AnyDVD HD. The "Rip video to harddisk" option will rip the files to a folder on your HDD.

I've been practicing with DVD's, but what do I do once I get the ts_video and ts_audio files? Do I then need another program to make it into a playable file?

I've been practicing with DVD's, but what do I do once I get the ts_video and ts_audio files? Do I then need another program to make it into a playable file?

No. Windows Media Center, MediaPlayerClassic, and other programs will play from the folders. If you have XP, use MediaPlayerClassic and point it to the VIDEO_TS.ifo file. If you have Vista or Win7, use Windows Media Center (NOT Media Player) and point it to the VIDEO_TS folder. It will do the rest.

Thanks. I have AnyDVDHD and I just installed a BD burner. So when I rip Blue Ray discs to my hard drive, they too can play from the folders?

Thanks. I have AnyDVDHD and I just installed a BD burner. So when I rip Blue Ray discs to my hard drive, they too can play from the folders?

What about playing these files over the network. I have a networked PS3 that "sees" the file but it is in a non playable format.

SDHC Card

I believe the answer is yes, but...

Can I rip a standard DVD directly to an SDHC card or do I need to rip it to the hard drive and then copy it to the memory card?

I should also ask....Heh heh...Will the movie play from the memory card? My wife is getting a Toshiba portable DVD player for Christmas and it has the ability to play data from an SD card......

Thanks!

MC

I believe the answer is yes, but...

Can I rip a standard DVD directly to an SDHC card or do I need to rip it to the hard drive and then copy it to the memory card?

I should also ask....Heh heh...Will the movie play from the memory card? My wife is getting a Toshiba portable DVD player for Christmas and it has the ability to play data from an SD card......

Thanks!

MC

A memory card is seen as a "drive" just like any other type of disk. Just select the card as your destination folder, and it should work just fine.

What about playing these files over the network. I have a networked PS3 that "sees" the file but it is in a non playable format.

In order for a PS3 to play the files from a computer, they must be in an MP4 format. You can use software to convert the vob movie files into MP4, and there is also software that will convert them "on the fly" so the PS3 will play them, but they remain in vob format on the computer.

A memory card is seen as a "drive" just like any other type of disk. Just select the card as your destination folder, and it should work just fine.

In order for a PS3 to play the files from a computer, they must be in an MP4 format. You can use software to convert the vob movie files into MP4, and there is also software that will convert them "on the fly" so the PS3 will play them, but they remain in vob format on the computer.
Sweet, can you give me a clue as to the name of the software that converts on the fly? Sounds like the answer to my problem.

Have you looked at PS3Media Server.
Works pretty well for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, can you give me a clue as to the name of the software that converts on the fly? Sounds like the answer to my problem.

And since this is the CloneDVD section and NOT the Third Party section, CloneDVDmobile will also convert to mp4 and other formats.

Back