Rip Movies Store On Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by DBirdMan, May 5, 2007.

1. DBirdMan

DBirdMan New Member

Which program should I use to rip Divx/Avi movies already on my hard drive?

2. DBirdMan

DBirdMan New Member

Which program should I use to rip Divx/Avi movies already stored on my hard drive?

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

If they're on your hard drive, aren't they already ripped? :confused:

Don't create multiple threads about the exact same issue, please.

4. DBirdMan

DBirdMan New Member

Can CloneDVD Make A DVD From Stored Movies

Can CloneDVD make a DVD from Divx/Avi movies on the hard drive.

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. Clonedvd can't.

6. Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike Well-Known Member

Some DVD Players will play .avi files. If you have NeroVision( $) or Avi2DVD(free) you can use those programs to make the files DVD-Compliant.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

If I am understanding you correctly you wish to convert these AVI files and burn them as a standard DVD?

If so then check out both of these programs:

1. VSO ConvertXToDVD - A great product that lets you create a DVD from many different media files. You can also create menus albeit they are on the simple side. The cost is 39.99 USD and well worth it, IMO.
    2. DVD Flick - This is a very handy program. I haven't used it much but I've heard some good things about it. I do not believe you can make menus, however. It's an open source program.

8. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

If you want to convert your Divx/Avi movies to dvd, you can try this program (I think it's still free):

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

By the way, I used it to convert all Pluto (Mickey's dog) movies to dvd, and I made a 2 hours disc for my daughter. The audio is not in english (the movies were taken from a tv channel), but you'll understand the movies by just looking at the pictures:D . First I tried to convert them with Nero, but it didn't work.
    If anyone is interested, I think the links to the movies are still here:

http://forum.astalavista.ms/viewtopic.php?t=3486

Last edited: May 6, 2007