Rip from shared PC DVD drive

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by DavidL, Feb 25, 2007.

1. DavidL

DavidL New Member

Is it possible to network share a DVD drive on PC "A", and have AnyDVD on PC "B" rip it to a shared hard drive directory?

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

I don't think so it has to be on the PC you plan to use I believe.

3. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No, the usual network share only shares the data from the file system on the DVD.
    For full ripping, AnyDVD needs to access some additional data that never shows up in the "visible" files.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

As Peer said, not AnyDVD itself. But nothing stops you from using "drag&drop" from the Network Share.

5. DavidL

DavidL New Member

Thank you Peer and James.
    James, when you are saying "nothing to stop you from Drag and Drop"...
    Can you expand on that?
    Are you saying that the file contents (*.*) could be copied onto a network shared hard drive, and then AnyDVD rip and do it's magic from hard drive source to hard drive target?

Or, AnyDVD is installed on PC "A". The DVD disk is inserted into PC A's Drive. AnyDVD does it's magic. Then, a ripper like CloneDVD running on PC "B" can rip from the shared PC A DVD drive to hard disk?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No, I mean that you can share the drive itself in the network.
    AnyDVD will take care, that the disc in the drive will be appear unprotected.

7. DavidL

DavidL New Member

James,
    OK, so run AnyDVD on the same PC that has the physical DVD Drive and media. Then, Share this drive on the network. Then, use a ripping utility on another PC to rip that shared content to a hard drive that is also shared.