• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip DVD to Hard Drive and play in XBOX Windows Media Center at 720P

cgmmny

Hello,

I'm fairly new to ripping dvd's. I have been able to rip dvd's to my hard drive (to a TS file) but have not been able to play then in Windows Media Center via my Xbox 360. I know that the TS file has to be converted, but to what format? In addition, I have a 63' Samsung DLP. I would like to convert to a video format that's equivalent to 720P and be playable within media center on my local computer but also using the Xbox360.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

By the way, Im using ANYDVD and CLONEDVD2 to rip to my hardrive.

Thanks!!!!

Here is what I have found. If you are using XBOX 360 like I am, then you need to have file formats that are supported by the xbox media extender. You can set up for Windows media player, or do like I have and switch to Zune. There are many converters out there that will take a movie and rip it to an Mpeg4 (H.264) format. Then you simply go to your xbox media screen, select the movie file, and away you go. This seems to me to be the simplest way for most people to rip movies to HD and watch on their big screen. I use anydvd and clonedvd mobile to rip to my archos player, but it doesn't seem to me like any of the other products are set up to do what you are looking for. A good product for movie to zune is cucusoft's DVD to Zune player.

Back