• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip Bluray, Stream to XBOX 360

monkmanusa

Hi All,
Newbie here. Already screwed up my system trying this and needed to reinstall windows (joy). So rather than go down that road again - decided to ask the experts.

I am trying to rip my blurays, and have a smaller file foot print on my server - and then be able to stream the resultant movie thru my xbox 360 in the home theater.

Current setup - Win 7 64 bit, Cat6 ethernet thru house, xbox360 (of course).

Can rip the bluray to disk no probs using AnyDVD HD - but it is the next part that really freaks me out (and I have got wrong on several occasions).
I would like to be able to stream 1080p video and HD audio of course - so what should I do to my ripped files to get them into a state where I can watch them thru the xbox without a loss of fidelity?
Or am I smoking something and thats just crazy cos it can't be done?

Basically step by step instructions on how to convert from what I rip to the right format and container would be REALLY appreciated (including the right tools that I need - willing to pay for them if they work well of course).

Appreciate any help.
Thanks.

i would say give up on the 360. I struggled with it for a long time. It does not play nice with 1080p and not even close to HD audio.

Go for something like the popcorn hour or WD TV. Those should do ya just fine and let you play everything.

Back