• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Returning a disc that is deemed to be defective because it won't copy

antipodes

I would like to know how RedFox AnyDVD HD license holders fare when they request a defective disc be replaced because it cannot be copied successfully by the RedFox product. I would also like to know the argument used to justify a replacement disc in that circumstance.

The way i do it is if it doesn't rip, it likely won't play either. I then take a small video clip on my phone showing the glitches, or of the time display my standalone player getting stuck. Usually works if you have proof.

Thanks Ch3vr0n and Blank. I have not had had any problems as yet but if the staff ever tested the disc being returned there would be a lot of questions asked.

if the staff ever tested the disc being returned there would be a lot of questions asked.
As long as all you're wanting is an identical disc exchange (i.e. not cash back or another film), there shouldn't be a problem.
I'm sure even slight flaws in a disc may make it "glitch" on one player, but work fine in another (and quite possibly within the same brand model, too).

Amazon for example allows returns and exchanges on movie and TV discs no questions asked but I wouldn't make a habit of it because I've heard of them banning accounts if abused. I've had to exchange whole seasons due to even one disc being bad and never had any questions asked. Often complete seasons will have cheap holders for the discs and they sometimes fall out and rub around. Dexter's blood slide imitation box set was the worst, it had open faced plastic disc holders and most the discs were rolling around loose getting scratched.

Back