• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Will ISO file play in stand alone player?

JerryinToronto

Hi, I've backed up a blu ray version of the Longest Day to a n iso file. It plays on my computer, but not on my PS3. Will it play on a stand alone blu ray player?

Hi, I've backed up a blu ray version of the Longest Day to a n iso file. It plays on my computer, but not on my PS3. Will it play on a stand alone blu ray player?

Only if your standalone player is capable of reading ISO images. Consult your dealer or the manual that came with it to know for sure

An ISO file is an 'Image' of the disk.
It's a container, holding the contents of the original disk.

To play it back in a standalone, you need to reverse the process, and create a disk from the ISO image. The writing software needs to open the ISO, and write it's *contents* to the blank disk.

This is *not* the same as writing the actual ISO file to the disk.

So when you look at the newly-created disk in Windows explorer, you should see the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. You should not see an ISO file on the disk.

There are many programs that can do this, one in particular is well-respected; but I've been infracted for mentioning it by name in this forum, so go look in 3rd party software forum.

--
SC

Yes, the two files are there. I did use a popular 3rd party program(it's name starts with "i" :D). So why won't it play on the PS3?

but I've been infracted for mentioning it by name in this forum

No. You weren't given an official infraction. And you didn't post in this forum. You posted in the Clonedvd forum. And you offered a Third Party alternative where none was required. My instructions were the solution: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=222498&postcount=10

This is the rule:

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=87585&postcount=4

4. Do not suggest other software products as solutions to people in the Anydvd, Anydvd HD, Clonedvd, Clonecd, Game Jackal, or Clonedvd Mobile forums. If you want to help someone with a problem using the Slysoft product he or she is having issues with, that's fine. Otherwise, post in the Third Party Products, High Definition Software, High Definition Hardware, General Hardware, etc., forums.
--

Now as this thread appears to have nothing to do with Anydvd HD, I'm moving it to the High Definition Software forum, where you can talk about imgburn to your heart's desire. And in the Anydvd HD forum, at least until CloneBD or whatever it's called comes out, I probably won't really care if you talk about imgburn.

Last edited:
Yes, the two files are there. I did use a popular 3rd party program(it's name starts with "i" :D). So why won't it play on the PS3?

Sounds OK.
Those are folders, not files, by the way.
Well, all mine play in both my PS3's just fine.
You'll now need to give much more detail on the exact steps you took...

1) Replace the original disk in the computer, and post an AnyDVD log.
This is critical, it's impossible to diagnose AnyDVD problems without the log file.

2) How was the ISO created? AndDVD rip-to-image, or 3-rd party program?

3) Any other processing ( re-muxing / re-encoding / other ) performed before burning?

4) Describe burning process: program used, and blank media used.

5) what happens on the PS3: error messages etc.

--
SC

More infor.

Attached is the log file. See next post.
Ripped using ANYDVD
No other processing done
Burned using DVDFAB 6
The media used is Sony BD-R DL version 1.1
In the PS3, just a blank screen. The play button is "on" as shown in the lower left corner of the TV screen.
I'm going to try a SAMSUNG blu ray player later.
Jerry

Sounds OK.
Those are folders, not files, by the way.
Well, all mine play in both my PS3's just fine.
You'll now need to give much more detail on the exact steps you took...

1) Replace the original disk in the computer, and post an AnyDVD log.
This is critical, it's impossible to diagnose AnyDVD problems without the log file.

2) How was the ISO created? AndDVD rip-to-image, or 3-rd party program?

3) Any other processing ( re-muxing / re-encoding / other ) performed before burning?

4) Describe burning process: program used, and blank media used.

5) what happens on the PS3: error messages etc.

--
SC

Last edited:
Here's the log file

Here is the log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.8.7_Info_H_TLD_US.zip
    111.7 KB · Views: 7
Attached is the log file. See next post.
Ripped using ANYDVD
No other processing done
Burned using DVDFAB 6
The media used is Sony BD-R DL version 1.1
In the PS3, just a blank screen. The play button is "on" as shown in the lower left corner of the TV screen.
I'm going to try a SAMSUNG blu ray player later.
Jerry

I don't see the log attached, please try again.
Also, what drive are you burning with, and what firmware version?

So when you say 'no further processing' would this be a fair description:
Insert original disk, let AnyDVD scan it;
R-click andDVD, rip to image;
Burn iso to blank BD-DL disk.

This ought to create an unprotected full copy.

I've no idea about DVDFAB6. Can it handle BD ISOs? I just don't know. I thought you said the burn was done with something beginning with I, which I took to mean imgburn. Please clarify. You might want to re-try with imgburn.

Otherwise, it looks to be a problem in the burn process: the program, the drive, the blank media. You'd need to do some elimination to narrow it down.

Don't assume that Sony media is necessarily the best thing for a Sony PS3, media is a fickle thing.

I don't have any DL media, so I can't comment on it. But my verbatim single layers seem to be 100% on the PS3 burned with my LG GGW-H20L.

Sorry I can't be more certain: it's just not possible with the data we have. What I can say is it *ought* to work. Perhaps someone who has this particular media can comment, or someone else may have some further suggestions.

BTW: you probably want to get yourself some -RW disks to experiment with before this gets too expensive :)

--
SC

Ok, the only difference will be using imgburn to burn to DL. I will try that.
J.

It worked( in the PS3 player)

I don't see the log attached, please try again.
Also, what drive are you burning with, and what firmware version?

So when you say 'no further processing' would this be a fair description:
Insert original disk, let AnyDVD scan it;
R-click andDVD, rip to image;
Burn iso to blank BD-DL disk.

This ought to create an unprotected full copy.

I've no idea about DVDFAB6. Can it handle BD ISOs? I just don't know. I thought you said the burn was done with something beginning with I, which I took to mean imgburn. Please clarify. You might want to re-try with imgburn.

Otherwise, it looks to be a problem in the burn process: the program, the drive, the blank media. You'd need to do some elimination to narrow it down.

Don't assume that Sony media is necessarily the best thing for a Sony PS3, media is a fickle thing.

I don't have any DL media, so I can't comment on it. But my verbatim single layers seem to be 100% on the PS3 burned with my LG GGW-H20L.

Sorry I can't be more certain: it's just not possible with the data we have. What I can say is it *ought* to work. Perhaps someone who has this particular media can comment, or someone else may have some further suggestions.

BTW: you probably want to get yourself some -RW disks to experiment with before this gets too expensive :)

--
SC
Tried it using the ANYDVD way for the burn to HDD. Then used IMGBURN for the BD DL. Played flawlessly on PS3. Will try stand alone player tomorrow.
Ordered 3 BD DL -RW from Japan.
Thanks
J.

Worked in stand alone player

Yup, it worked there as well. Very easy process, but a LONG time to do.

Back