• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] What is the .dvd file for?

Linkinsoldier

Hello,

i searched in the forum and google, but didnt find an answer...

When i rip a DVD/BD to an iso File, i've got the option to "make an .dvd File".
What is the reason for this, or better: what can i use this file for? ;)

Thanks
Linkin

At one time necessary

That was added in September to accommodate situations for using the ISO image in a BluRay process.

This file contains the ISO filename and information about the type of media. It was necessary for use with older versions of Virtual CloneDrive.

Virtual CloneDrive has since been updated to read the UDF directly from the image and no longer needs to read it from the .DVD file. 8)

so, this is no longer needed and we can erase the dvd files? Or do we have to re-rip the isos?

so, this is no longer needed and we can erase the dvd files? Or do we have to re-rip the isos?

That file is so tiny (a matter of just a few kb) I wouldn't worry about it, it won't hurt anything

I have always deleted mine, but I wouldn't go thru the trouble of reripping if I hadn't

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
Ok thanks.

so the Question for the future:
Should i also rip a dvd file?
And could i delete the dvd file, without the need to rerip the image? Or the other way: Will deleting the .dvd file cause the image to be useless?

Thanks
Linkin

Ok thanks.

so the Question for the future:
Should i also rip a dvd file?
And could i delete the dvd file, without the need to rerip the image? Or the other way: Will deleting the .dvd file cause the image to be useless?

Yes, yes and no.
;)

Back