• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] The Age of Stupid (U.K.) & AnyDVD 6.6.0.6 problem

bart11

I've so-far managed to copy 100+ of my DVD's and converted to MP4 for watching whilst away from home (thanks to AnyDVD).

However, Amazon delivered a title today which AnyDVD cannot process - it's called 'The Age of Stupid'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001U25NRW

After inserting the disk, it took AnyDVD several minutes to recognize it.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.5)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0P 2008/02/13 11:04
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1973600 sectors (3854 MBytes)
Total size: 3836112 sectors (7492 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: The Age Of Stupid D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is region free.

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Opening the disk with DVDShrink produces an error 'Failed to read file E:\'.

Nero Recode opens the disk, but the main movie is only 4m 14s (115MB) - everything else on the disk is 0s.

Tried AnyDVD's 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk' option, but it gets to 3% and stops, saying 'IFOProperties 6'.

Then tried 'Rip to Image', which gets to 5% and stops, saying 'Error reading from drive E:!'.

Updated AnyDVD to latest beta version, same result.

In desperation, I downloaded that other program - which just crashed whilst trying to open the disk.

Tried repeating the above in the 2nd drive (Pioneer BDC-202), with the exact same results.

Tried on a different PC that has an Asus read-only DVD drive installed, no luck.

The disk is 100% clean and plays in PowerDVD perfectly (without AnyDVD running). It's also not a Sony release.

I'm now out of ideas on how to proceed. Anyone have any sugguestions?

1. You need to upload the Anydvd .zip log file:
click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199
(#6A)

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

Remove annoying adverts and trailers doesn't work with all discs and makes some unplayable.

2. Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Click "ok".

Tried AnyDVD's 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk' option

3. That--and Clonedvd are the only options you should be trying with this disc.

Last edited:
Found & removed structural copy protection!

Opening the disk with DVDShrink produces an error 'Failed to read file E:\'.

Nero Recode opens the disk, but the main movie is only 4m 14s (115MB) - everything else on the disk is 0s.

Like Mr. Slinger said... you need to upload an AnyDVD logfile.

But a note for future use. Anytime AnyDVD reports Structural Copy Protection - you want to use the AnyDVD ripper BEFORE opening anything with Shrink or Recode.

But to find out why the AnyDVD ripper won't rip this one - requires the logfile.

-W

> You need to upload the Anydvd .zip log file

Done, I think.

But a note for future use. Anytime AnyDVD reports Structural Copy Protection - you want to use the AnyDVD ripper BEFORE opening anything with Shrink or Recode.
-W

Thanks. I have noticed strange filesizes from those two apps when AnyDVD shows 'structural protection'. Will try to remember it next time I see it.

This made my day! I wish more people were as thorough with the information they provide when asking for help. Good job, bart11!

Maybe you guys should use bart11's post as an example of how to post when Slysoft is asking for info. Make it like a permanent sticky or something like that.

The Age of Stupid (U.K.) & AnyDVD 6.6.0.6 problem

Ticket #20091129267940 refers.
Have just tried this beta version on the above movie. It still reports errors as previously sent to above ticket. can provide more details if needed.

Ticket #20091129267940 refers.
Have just tried this beta version on the above movie. It still reports errors as previously sent to above ticket. can provide more details if needed.

Reply via support and/or post more information here so we understand the problem. I would suggest posting what the problem is and posting log files using v6.6.0.6 at the very least. None of us in the forums know exactly what problem you previously had.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199

Post logs as per the instructions from Section II Item 6A.

Reply via support and/or post more information here so we understand the problem. I would suggest posting what the problem is and posting log files using v6.6.0.6 at the very least. None of us in the forums know exactly what problem you previously had.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14199

Post logs as per the instructions from Section II Item 6A.

And always provide full error messages.

Age of Stupid

Sorry about previous vague post. I had reported problem to Elby who told me that it had been referred to Slysoft. The ticket number I quoted was one given by Elby.

The movie is called "The Age of Stupid". I'm using AnyDVD 6.6.0.6 and the latest beta of CloneDVD on a machine that has a very recent reinstall of Windows 7. I've been through the steps of setting reader zone and removing packet switching hooks. When I start AnyDVD and then CloneDVD both report that they are trying to repair a defective DVD and stop after about 3%

The disk is Disk 1 of a two disk set. Disk 2 processes without problems. Whilst disk 1 cannot be processed by AnyDVD/CloneDVD, it will play using Windows Media Player and PowerDVD. I've tried porcessing it on three machines, two with Windows 7, one with Windows XP

If I look at the Video_TS folder in Windows Explorer, it reports a total file size of over 300Gb. the DVD as a whole reports 7.31Gb.

I tried to attach the AnyDVD log file, but it's 5Mb and the system says it is too big

You should be able to add the zipped logfile, as the maximum is 10mb. If it's for some reason not working, then please try a free host service (megaupload) or directly mailing to Slysoft.

Sorry about previous vague post. I had reported problem to Elby who told me that it had been referred to Slysoft. The ticket number I quoted was one given by Elby.

The movie is called "The Age of Stupid". I'm using AnyDVD 6.6.0.6 and the latest beta of CloneDVD on a machine that has a very recent reinstall of Windows 7. I've been through the steps of setting reader zone and removing packet switching hooks. When I start AnyDVD and then CloneDVD both report that they are trying to repair a defective DVD and stop after about 3%

The disk is Disk 1 of a two disk set. Disk 2 processes without problems. Whilst disk 1 cannot be processed by AnyDVD/CloneDVD, it will play using Windows Media Player and PowerDVD. I've tried porcessing it on three machines, two with Windows 7, one with Windows XP

If I look at the Video_TS folder in Windows Explorer, it reports a total file size of over 300Gb. the DVD as a whole reports 7.31Gb.

I tried to attach the AnyDVD log file, but it's 5Mb and the system says it is too big
Thanks for reporting, the issue will be fixed in a future in a future AnyDVD version.

Age of Stupid puchase details

I bought the two disk set from Amazon UK and had it brought unopened to South Africa by a friend. The sleeve for the two DVDs says that it is set as region 0 and this is what AnyDVD reports. There is no legible information about the maker on the centre of the DVD.

I have already sent log files to Elby who have referred them to Slysoft, I believe. There have been a number of E Mails to and from Elby.

I bought the two disk set from Amazon UK and had it brought unopened to South Africa by a friend. The sleeve for the two DVDs says that it is set as region 0 and this is what AnyDVD reports. There is no legible information about the maker on the centre of the DVD.

I have already sent log files to Elby who have referred them to Slysoft, I believe. There have been a number of E Mails to and from Elby.

There is no such thing as Region 0. There are 8 DVD regions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. I'd really love to see the logs for this/these discs. Maybe they meant region-free but I've never seen that written as Region 0. Btw, a region-free disc is actually locked to Region 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 meaning any DVD player, regardless of region, can playback the disc as long as it supports the video format (ie NTSC or PAL) that is used. Now, if the DVD drive region is not set it will show as 0 for the region setting when you view the AnyDVD status window or view the hardware details within Windows but that simply means the drive has not yet been set. I'm left somewhat baffled by this information.

Last edited:
Age of Stupid Region code

I've tried 5 times to upload the AnyDVD log but it fails each time. i'll try to find where to E Mail it to. Attached is a scan of part of the sleeve which reads quite clearly Region 0. I agree with you that Region 0 doesnt exist and i think they mean that the region code is unset. I've attached a screen grab of the AnyDVD notification which confirms this.

Attachments

• SleeveExtract.jpg
    SleeveExtract.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVDScreen.JPG
    AnyDVDScreen.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
Back