• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] "Takedowns for MMA" DVD won't copy or play except for the menu

Rfaj

Asking for help/guidance from the forum members....I'm running AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, working beautifully for many years now, and my first challenge with a dvd has happened with a DVD produced in 2009 with CSS ...the problem is that only the main and root menus will copy or even play on my PC. The computer is running Win XP Pro and was using Windows Media Player 10 and also upgraded to WMP11, then I tried a trial version of Corel's WinDVD Pro, and Cyberlink's PowerDVD with no success.

My PC copies and plays the AVATAR disc and everything else just great!

I've uploaded DriverMD as well as Driver Genius Professional, but they both said no software was needed for the DVD player.

I'm not sure what the difference is between firmware and drivers, but I have taken the above steps and also looked through the SlySoft forum before requesting your assistance about recommended next steps for this particular dvd concern. I believe it is likely a hardware or software problem unrelated to SlySoft and just not sure what to do about it b/c other DVDs copy just fine and I can even get the menu to copy on this particular disc.

I played this same Takedowns for MMA" dvd on my friend's PC that runs Windows 7 OS and PowerDVD, so the disc looks to be ok.

Here is the output from AnyDVD for the disc:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.2.3)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-L532M HR08 07/23/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2056256 sectors (4016 MBytes)
Total size: 2655648 sectors (5186 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TAKEDOWNS_FOR_MMA
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

...Thanks very much for looking at this posting, Rfaj.

Asking for help/guidance from the forum members....I'm running AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, working beautifully for many years now, and my first challenge with a dvd has happened with a DVD produced in 2009 with CSS ...the problem is that only the main and root menus will copy or even play on my PC. The computer is running Win XP Pro and was using Windows Media Player 10 and also upgraded to WMP11, then I tried a trial version of Corel's WinDVD Pro, and Cyberlink's PowerDVD with no success.

My PC copies and plays the AVATAR disc and everything else just great!

I've uploaded DriverMD as well as Driver Genius Professional, but they both said no software was needed for the DVD player.

I'm not sure what the difference is between firmware and drivers, but I have taken the above steps and also looked through the SlySoft forum before requesting your assistance about recommended next steps for this particular dvd concern. I believe it is likely a hardware or software problem unrelated to SlySoft and just not sure what to do about it b/c other DVDs copy just fine and I can even get the menu to copy on this particular disc.

I played this same Takedowns for MMA" dvd on my friend's PC that runs Windows 7 OS and PowerDVD, so the disc looks to be ok.

Here is the output from AnyDVD for the disc:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.2.3)
TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-L532M HR08 07/23/05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2056256 sectors (4016 MBytes)
Total size: 2655648 sectors (5186 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TAKEDOWNS_FOR_MMA
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

...Thanks very much for looking at this posting, Rfaj.

Please use AnyDVD 6.6.4.6, this will likely solve the problem.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=40622

AnyDVD 6.6.4.7 beta works on the MMA DVD!!! Wahoooooo!!!

Thank you so much, this is AWESOME!!! :rock: The copy process is now working perfectly with AnyDVD 6.6.4.7 beta. Very best regards, Rfaj.

Back