• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Speed Problem

uncle111

After using the trial of AnyDVD and CloneDVD I liked it enought to buy it. I had downloaded trial versions of similar software, but they wouldn't let me do enough to know if I liked them. My hats off to your free trial- It resulted in a sale.

I have the version I purchased on my work computer (I own my own business) and have a trial version on my laptop at home. I have noticed a marked slow down in the speed of all ripping software on my office computer. It is working at speeds 4-5 times slower than the laptop, and about that much slower than the trial version worked on my office computer.

I purchased the software about the same time as trying to rip a couple of DVD's that would not rip with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I don't know if the speed problems started when I was experimenting with different software to rip that disc, or if it began after I purchased Any and Clone.

I have uninstalled the other rippers, and moved Any and Clone to a HD in my computer that has more space on it, but nothing makes any difference.

Sound familiar? Any suggestions?

Other than the fact that yes some of the programs you installed could cause issues though without knowing what they were no one can say.

There is no difference in the speed between the trial and the licensed version.

How about posting a log from AnyDVD it may lead to some clues.

It's possible something else is causing the slowdown.

Check to make sure DMA is enabled for the DVD drive.

Is DMA enabled for your drives in
  1. Windows XP?
  2. Windows Vista?
  3. General?

Please post log files created using any DVD. It doesn't really matter which disc. Just make sure you do this on the computer that is having the speed problem.

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  8. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  9. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  11. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  12. Click "upload".
  13. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Hope the file uploaded.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_STARDUST_WS_AC.zip
    94.1 KB · Views: 3
I forgot to mention that Device Manager lists under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers- 2 primary, 2 secondary and 2 standard dual channel PCI IDE controllers

Hope the file uploaded.

Nothing stands out in your logs that would slow down the ripping speed that I can see.

Make sure the DMA is enabled. I'm really unsure of what else to suggest. Some discs take longer than others due to the protection being removed and the more complex the protection the longer it can take although the difference shouldn't be very large. Some DVD drives are also faster than others, as well.

I believe the slowdown has to be related to what's running on the laptop.

I forgot to mention that Device Manager lists under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers- 2 primary, 2 secondary and 2 standard dual channel PCI IDE controllers

Problem solved!
In Device Manager I uninstalled the DVD/CD Rom and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers then rebooted, and the speed went way up. Changed from 74 min. to rip to 16 min.

Problem solved!
In Device Manager I uninstalled the DVD/CD Rom and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers then rebooted, and the speed went way up. Changed from 74 min. to rip to 16 min.

That's good to hear.

Back