• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Shoot 'em up Region A US will not play "Region incompatibility"

mindweaver

I have tried to play this disc with 6.6.0.3 and 6.6.0.6b. All I get is a black screen and the text "region incompatibility". It seems that the message is a small videofile running from the disc.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.6)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 420515085F88O85334
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24378048 sectors (47613 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SHOOT_EM_UP
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 4
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): A
Blu-ray disc Region set to B!
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!

EDIT: If I click on "Top Menu" in PowerDVD when the "region incompatibility" message is playing I get to the real menu and can play the movie. So AnyDVD HD seems to do it's job. Maybe you can add some kind of check for this message video and skip/remove it to avoid this issue in the future?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.6_Info_D_SHOOT_EM_UP.zip
    174.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Shoot 'em up Region A US will not play "Region incompatibility"

It seems that my post was removed from the log only thread. I though I followed the rules when posting. Don't know what I missed. I have searched the forums and can't find any postings about this movie or about this error.

My problem still remains, so I will try and post my question here.

Shoot 'em up Region A bought from the US will not play. It starts and loops a video saying "Region incompatibility".

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.0.6)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24378048 sectors (47613 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SHOOT_EM_UP
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 4
Removed AACS copy protection!

EDIT: DAMNIT! I did not realize that you moved my post. This makes it a duplicate. I am so sorry. please remove the double post!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.6_Info_D_SHOOT_EM_UP.zip
    174.6 KB · Views: 2
It seems that my post was removed from the log only thread. I though I followed the rules when posting. Don't know what I missed. I have searched the forums and can't find any postings about this movie or about this error.

Your post probably was removed from the BD+ log thread because this disc does not contain BD+ :)
So it certainly does not belong there.

Shoot 'em up Region A bought from the US will not play. It starts and loops a video saying "Region incompatibility".
[...]

Not much to add here: AnyDVD correctly determined the disc to be region A, but you forced it to set the region B.
That way a disc will no longer play on any player from any region.

Disc region must always be set to the actual region where the disc came from.

This disc does not contain BD+, so it doesn't belong in the BD+ thread.
I didn't move your post. Someone else did.

Secondly, the disc is Region A. So why are you telling Anydvd it's Region B?

Here's some other info you may find useful:

Code:

A special firmware exists for this drive. See here. This patch modifies the drive firmware in a way that it will report the volume unique id without the need of an authentification with a player key. By doing so, one part of the aacs protection is completly knocked out, because it is no longer possible to prevent anybody from getting the volume unique id by invalidating the player key used by the ripping software.

SysInfo

You are using Windows Vista (32-bit) Service Pack 1. Please update to the latest Service Pack.

--info as collected by Mike_r

Last edited:
Your post probably was removed from the BD+ log thread because this disc does not contain BD+ :)
So it certainly does not belong there.

Ok, sorry :)

Your
Not much to add here: AnyDVD correctly determined the disc to be region A, but you forced it to set the region B.
That way a disc will no longer play on any player from any region.

Disc region must always be set to the actual region where the disc came from.

I am quite sure I had it set to "Automatic" at first and that made it set the disc to Region A and I got the same video message. After that I changed to B.

As it turns out, after your message, I changed it back to Automatic and that got rid of the annoying message video.

Thank you for your answer.

This disc does not contain BD+, so it doesn't belong in the BD+ thread.
I didn't move your post. Someone else did.

Secondly, the disc is Region A. So why are you telling Anydvd it's Region B?

Here's some other info you may find useful:

Code:

A special firmware exists for this drive. See here. This patch modifies the drive firmware in a way that it will report the volume unique id without the need of an authentification with a player key. By doing so, one part of the aacs protection is completly knocked out, because it is no longer possible to prevent anybody from getting the volume unique id by invalidating the player key used by the ripping software.

SysInfo

You are using Windows Vista (32-bit) Service Pack 1. Please update to the latest Service Pack.

--info as collected by Mike_r
Since I got the region message I thought that I have to set it to B which my player is. I know now that was wrong :)

Thank you very much for your fast answers! And thank you for creating this great piece of software.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your fast answers! And thank you for creating this great piece of software.

I'm just a dumb moderator. I don't work for Slysoft. I didn't create anything.

Thank Peer, James, and Olli (if he ever reads the forums).

I'm just a dumb moderator. I don't work for Slysoft. I didn't create anything.

Thank Peer, James, and Olli (if he ever reads the forums).

Ok, but the thanks for the fast answer definitely goes out to you :) Everything is working fine now!

Just for the record, I was the one who moved the original post from the BD+ thread and for the reasons that Peer suggested.

Back