• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Seasonal TV Disk Back-up fails at 2%

Silo45

Hello,

Im trying to back-up my collection of Season DVDs but I'm getting the following error message when trying to back-up to an .iso file with either AnyDVD or IMGBurn 2.4.2.0

The funny thing is this: disks before this one worked like a charm, all the sudden I get to a disk and i don't know what happened, also the one after this gives me the same error. I didnt try any others.

I went back to the Original ones that worked and they still seem to work. I don't believe that the disks are defective because they play just fine.

Here is the log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_DVD_VIDEO.zip
    129.6 KB · Views: 8
I don't believe that the disks are defective because they play just fine.

Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine.

But that's probably not the issue here.

1) Do NOT use "rip to image" with dvds. That feature was implemented mostly for Blu-ray and HD-DVD users as those types of discs do not contain structural protection.

2) Do NOT create an .iso in Imgburn with Anydvd running in the background especially with dvds that contain structural protection

3) Use "rip video dvd to harddisk", and then create an .iso from those files.

That sucks, seems like the long way around.

So why would it work on some DVDs and not others?

That sucks, seems like the long way around.

So why would it work on some DVDs and not others?

Because some dvds contain structural protection . . .

If you want a one step .iso process use Clonedvd.

a) By the way, what disc # of Sienfeld Season 4 is it, and what country is it from?

b) Does the rip also fail when using "rip video dvd to harddisk"?
If so, you have a bad original disc (especially if other dvds in the series rip fine), even if it plays fine or a slowly dying drive.

Last edited:
If you want a one step .iso process use Clonedvd.

a) By the way, what disc # of Sienfeld Season 4 is it, and what country is it from?

b) Does the rip also fail when using "rip video dvd to harddisk"?
If so, you have a bad original disc (especially if other dvds in the series rip fine), even if it plays fine or a slowly dying drive.

I think ill try the CloneDVD see how it works.

The Seinfeld is Season 4 Disk 1. Its from Israel.
I was think the first disk on a new season, maybe new protection. That's kinda far fetched though.

Once I get home ill try again, and see if i can rip to the HDD. If so i guess ill stick to CloneDVD if not then its time for an refund.

Do they refund for things like this?

Thanx for the help.

maybe new protection.

There's a slim chance.

Do the other discs from that same season work?

I didn't realize this was disc 1 from a season series when you first wrote.

I sent a private message to James, the developer of Anydvd.

Do they refund for things like this?

Does who? Slysoft? Try the free 21 day trial.

Last edited:
OK.
Sorry for the delay, Ive just been real busy with school and work.
This is what I found out.

Does the rip also fail when using "rip video dvd to harddisk"?

No. Ive tried this and it seems to Rip OK, but its not what im looking for.

one step .iso process use Clonedvd

Works like a charm. Thanks. I think ill stick to this method for now.
Although in the beginning of the burn, the CloveDVD takes like 15 -20 min with an error that says

"Trying to repair defective DVD structure"

I think that is what was causing the original errors.

What dose that mean?
a) Dose this mean that the DVDs are Defected?
b) Do companies usually replace Items with this kind of defect?

Does who? Slysoft? Try the free 21 day trial

No i was talking about the company that supplies the DVDs. See question above.
Thanx for the help, and sorry for the wait.

EDIT:Seems like only the first two disks of the forth seasons are give me problems(as of now), the third disk isn't giving me the "Trying to repair defective DVD structure" error, although i didn't try any other back up methods. I guess the first two DVDs seem to be defective. Well I might be able to live with that as long as i have a back ups. Right?

Last edited:
"Trying to repair defective DVD structure"

I think that is what was causing the original errors.

What dose that mean?

It means that the original dvd contains structural protection, and Clonedvd is trying to overcome that protection and fix the dvd's structure.

a) Dose this mean that the DVDs are Defected?

no

b) Do companies usually replace Items with this kind of defect?

no

Although in the beginning of the burn, the CloveDVD takes like 15 -20 min with an error that says

But Clonedvd did eventually fix the structure, and you were able to rip to .iso, right? 15-20 minutes seems a bit nuts though.

But Clonedvd did eventually fix the structure, and you were able to rip to .iso, right? 15-20 minutes seems a bit nuts though.

Correct. I was eventually able to back-up the disks. 15-20 min is a bit nuts, but I'm just happy it worked.

What confuses me is why would they only put it on those two disks.

Correct. I was eventually able to back-up the disks. 15-20 min is a bit nuts, but I'm just happy it worked.

What confuses me is why would they only put it on those two disks.

I don't know. They may have been testing more severe protection on just a couple of dvds. And then if they like that protection, they use it on more and more dvds.

James, the developer of Anydvd, says that the Clonedvd repair process will read the entire dvd from beginning to end, and if you use a slow reader/drive Clonedvd may indeed take that long to repair the disc structure.

Last edited:
James, the developer of Anydvd says, that the Clonedvd repair process will read the entire dvd from beginning to end, and if you use a slow reader/drive Clonedvd may indeed take that long to repair the disc structure.

Listen not that I have a slow CD reader, but its all good. As long as the process is finished, and the Current DVDs aren't giving me the errors Im happy.

Thanx for the help.

Back