• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Samsung SH-S223F burner saying not compatible with CloneCD v5.3.1.3

CarpeZoom

I tried several searches on the subject line and found only a few instances of the SH-S223F being mentioned, and none about compatibilty. Some users here are using this drive, but perhaps only with hacked firmware, something I'm not going to do just for CloneCD.

I just purchased CloneCD and this was the 1st time I'd run it on my PC. (XP Pro sp3)

I updated the 223 to FW ver SB03 today, prior to running CloneCD.

What is the impact of the incompatible message?

Given that this burner was highly popular with sellers like Newegg, I'm surprised to see this listed as incompatible.

Is there a plan to update CloneCD to support this drive?

If not, is there a list of compatible drives that is more definative than the FAQ saying "most modern drives are compatible?"

Thanks,
CZ

I use the Samsung 223F with CloneCD and have no problems.;) But I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit, so we really cant compare.

Hi :)
I wonder if the SP3 patch is causing some problems here.
As it shouldn't be the 223F.
I have used my 223F on PC's running Vista (both 32 & 64 bit).
Have also used it with Windows XP Pro (32 bit).
But with SP2.
With no problems.

The Samsung SH-S223F works perfectly fine with or without hacked firmware under Windows XP Pro SP3. I just tested. I just booted into XP right now just to test.

1) What motherboard brand and model are you using?

2) Are you using default microsoft sata drivers? Or something else?

3) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15538

4) Make sure you start Clonecd without any media in the drive.

1) Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

2) Mobo requires using AMD SATA (seen as SCSI in Device Manager) drivers for 780 chipset. Version is v3.1.1540.50, latest available.

3) I think I'm following posting policy. Was I not?

4) I'll double check, but I'm pretty sure there was no media in the drive at start.

New:
5) I tried to follow the hint in your sig to follow "Bad things to have in filter list", but without context as to what and why this matters, I was lost in the woods on this. I guess I need to do more reading. Any suggestions?

6) Thanks to others that said something worked for them (e.g. in Vista, or XP SP2, etc). Over the years I only used it as a trial, I had never had CloneCD fail me, so I jumped to buy it last month when on 'sale' and only now that I 1st used it I find out that the upshot of the error I'm posting here about is that the app just plain won't write using the only burner in my XP system.

7) I uninstalled from XP and moved the install to an identical motherboard but with a Pioneer DVR-A11 (uses IDE), and running Vista SP1 Ultimate. Everything burned fine.

So it's either the AMD SATA drivers in full SATA mode (perhaps that others were running SATA in IDE mode from the BIOS) or I have no better clue yet.

8) Assuming my problem is repeatable to SlySoft's standards, is this forum where things can escalate to formal problem report in hopes of a fix?

Thanks,
CZ

Last edited:
3) I think I'm following posting policy. Was I not?

Hunh?

a) Download imgburn. It's a free program: click http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

b) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post (ctrl-v).

OR

visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

5) I tried to follow the hint in your sig to follow "Bad things to have in filter list", but without context as to what and why this matters, I was lost in the woods on this. I guess I need to do more reading.

That's not from the link in my signature. :confused:

So it's either the SATA drivers

Quite possibly

or perhaps that others were running SATA in IDE mode from the BIOS.

No. Mine are functioning as Raid (w/AHCI) in bios.
I have no issues with that Samsung drive using Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition SP1 or with XP Pro 32bit SP3 with Clonecd.

Assuming my problem is repeatable to SlySoft's standards, is this forum where things can escalate to formal problem report in hopes of a fix?

Not necessarily
This is mostly a user to user forum, and given that I know over 10 people with this Samsung drive that also use Clonecd, I'm not sure to what extent Slysoft is going to be able to reproduce your issue. There's no guarantee that anyone from Slysoft will respond to this thread.

Also, Drinklyenanddie has the same drive and has no issues at all (he also had the capacity to boot into XP or Vista64 bit edition). So that's 4 English forum moderators unable to reproduce your problem.

You can try contacting Slysoft here: http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html

Last edited:
Hi CarpeZoom,

Which EXACT message code do you get from CloneCD and when EXACTLY does it appear with which CD type and title and under which profile?

"Not compatible" does not suffice as problem description.

Hi CarpeZoom,

Which EXACT message code do you get from CloneCD and when EXACTLY does it appear with which CD type and title and under which profile?

"Not compatible" does not suffice as problem description.

In an attempt to resolve this and answer all the helpful suggestions, I re-installed to the original XP system and in exact duplication of the sequence I followed yesterday, no error was reported by CloneCD.

So for now I consider this all resolved.

As for the exact message, it did indeed contain the phrase 'not compatible' in a single line of text addressing the SH-S223F.

Thanks to the volunteers!

Back