• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Retaining original quality with +DL copy.

xerxes

I was wondering - I wanted to cut some tracks out of the copy, but apart from that I wanted to retain the original quality. I want to record the movie to +DL media (so all the material should nicely fit in even without any removals) but I can see the transcoder kicks in anyway. I ripped the contents using AnyDVD (using the built in ripping function) so I understand no protections should be there. Is the transcoding necessary? Or perhaps it's not even touching the movie but it's graph is shown as part of the recording process?

Or is transcoding the movie unavoidable in CloneDVD2 and I should use other software designed solely for removing unwanted material?

Thanks for any help!

I was wondering - I wanted to cut some tracks out of the copy, but apart from that I wanted to retain the original quality. I want to record the movie to +DL media (so all the material should nicely fit in even without any removals) but I can see the transcoder kicks in anyway. I ripped the contents using AnyDVD (using the built in ripping function) so I understand no protections should be there. Is the transcoding necessary? Or perhaps it's not even touching the movie but it's graph is shown as part of the recording process?

Or is transcoding the movie unavoidable in CloneDVD2 and I should use other software designed solely for removing unwanted material?

Thanks for any help!

The transcoder will not kick in unless you are compressing. Did you make sure that you have CloneDVD to output to DVD+/-R DL?

If the target size is large enough to not require compression you'll see the following notice in the Log window:

Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled

The transcoder is only engaged when needed. If you don't compress/transcode then the output will be the exact same quality as the input.

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I was mislead by the bitrate graph shown regardless of the transcoder actually being used.

Back