• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved]Region 1 Valkyrie crashes AnyDVD HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davers!

I bought AnyDVD HD today, and although the first 3 movies I tried worked, Valkyrie (region 1/US) is not working. It takes an abnormally long amount of time to scan the disc (about 5 minutes)then here's what it says:

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.7.5)
ATAPI IHES1062 AL08 2008/12/09 16:49
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 21022592 sectors (41059 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: VALKYRIE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 12
Using BDPHash.bin 09-08-13-B
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Can't determine region code!

But if I go to "My Computer", my BD-ROM drive shows up as "CD-ROM", and crashes windows explorer if I try to open it. If I try to use AnyDVD to rip the files to the computer, AnyDVD freezes as soon as I click the button.

Same thing happened on the last official non-beta release.

I bought AnyDVD HD today, and although the first 3 movies I tried worked, Valkyrie (region 1/US) is not working. It takes an abnormally long amount of time to scan the disc (about 5 minutes)then here's what it says:

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.7.5)
ATAPI IHES1062 AL08 2008/12/09 16:49
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 21022592 sectors (41059 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: VALKYRIE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 12
Using BDPHash.bin 09-08-13-B
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Can't determine region code!

But if I go to "My Computer", my BD-ROM drive shows up as "CD-ROM", and crashes windows explorer if I try to open it. If I try to use AnyDVD to rip the files to the computer, AnyDVD freezes as soon as I click the button.

Same thing happened on the last official non-beta release.

Sounds like a defective disc. But you can post an AnyDVD logfile for investigation.

Sounds like a defective disc. But you can post an AnyDVD logfile for investigation.

Here's the logfile for Valkyrie: http://www.mediafire.com/?a1gljuinzsn

I also had a problem with TMNT (2007) - it scans quickly and starts copying fine, but always freezes at 9.99GB remaining in the copy... and if I use AnyDVD's rip function, it stops on the same file (the main file) and says it can't read from my E drive. The disc is immaculate.

TMNT log: http://www.mediafire.com/?e4z0bm9ry85

you should post your logs as an attachment in the forum (use the paperclip logo).

[...]always freezes at 9.99GB remaining in the copy... and if I use AnyDVD's rip function, it stops on the same file (the main file) and says it can't read from my E drive. The disc is immaculate.

Well, quite obviously it's not immaculate. It may look that.
I have precisely the same disc here and have no problems with it.

You must know that blu-ray drives still are very often rather "weak" and will fail you on discs that may also have some "weak" spots - meaning areas that may be near or even beyond the allowed tolerances.

I have discs that work in one drive while they don't in another.
I even have a disc that used to work on all drives and some months later - just through sitting on a shelf - would suddenly not play on any drive, not even the PS3 anymore (a certain version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still"). It also still looks 100% immaculate.

Other discs really had a serious flaw that cause them to deteriorate perceptibly (showing small "bubbles") with time like some pressings of "The Prestige".

I'm explaining this lengthly because it is important that this sinks in: so far there are no structural copy protections for Blurays that would result in read errors. So if you get a read error it is always a problem with the disc or drive or in most cases a combination of both just not liking each other.

If you can afford it, get an additional drive, that will improve the odds.

You know what's odd? I have 3 movies out on "Webflicks" right now, and the one which was just released worked (I'm probably the first person to use the disc), and the two that have been out for a while don't work (on my PC; they all work in the PS3). All of the movies that I own that I have tried work. (Obviously they haven't seen much use) So I guess that either:

* Blu-Ray movies deteriorate extremely quickly and then can only be read by some readers (PS3)

or

* My Blu-Ray drive is too weak to read older, more used discs.

I have a Liteon BD-ROM drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106270

My housemate downstairs has a PC with a BD-ROM drive. I'll install the AnyDVD HD trial on his and see what happens.

My housemate downstairs has a PC with a BD-ROM drive. I'll install the AnyDVD HD trial on his and see what happens.

I hope it is no Lite-on. ;)

So I took the Blu-Rays down to his PC and tried it first without installing AnyDVD - TMNT got about halfway done copying, so clearly it was working. I canceled the copy and installed AnyDVD HD, and rebooted. Then TMNT did the exact same thing that it does on my PC - stopped at 9.99GB left (much less than half).

His is also a Lite-On, but a different series entirely.

So I took the Blu-Rays down to his PC and tried it first without installing AnyDVD - TMNT got about halfway done copying, so clearly it was working. I canceled the copy and installed AnyDVD HD, and rebooted. Then TMNT did the exact same thing that it does on my PC - stopped at 9.99GB left (much less than half).

His is also a Lite-On, but a different series entirely.

I still believe the disc is defective. How did you copy without AnyDVD installed?

I still believe the disc is defective. How did you copy without AnyDVD installed?

Well I'm returning my current 3 movies to "webflicks" tomorrow, so we'll see what happens when the new ones come in.

When I said I copied, all I meant is that I copy-pasted the main titleset from the bdmv/stream directory - I realize that it would be unplayable unless it was decrypted, but it would rule out the disc being defective if it would at least copy.

You should have used Imgburn and ripped the whole disc as an ISO that way you could have then mounted it and got AnyDVD HD to decrypt the ISO file, but doubt it would have got all the way to the end of ripping as an ISO file as I suspect it's a faulty disc. By not letting it complete you've not actually proven anything.
Try following the 'bad disc guide'
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30640
from the Frequently asked questions sticky

Ripping rental discs does not fall under Fair Use Rights in most English speaking countries, and consequently, is blatantly illegal. Ripping rental discs is also not required in order to watch them if you own Anydvd HD.

If you are ripping a rental disc in order to test whether the rental disc is defective (due to an inability to watch or play it), that's understandable. Otherwise, the English moderators can not condone threads in the English speaking forums that incriminate those attempting to assist you rip rental discs.

If you wish to open a new thread and state your intentions clearly, that's fine. But as this thread currently stands, it should be closed.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back