• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Problem: The Sorcerer's Apprentice won't play: HDCP

Cephalod

Hi,

as the topic already says, "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (European Edition) won't play on my PC.

Systeminfo:
W7Ultimate X64
Lite-On IHOS 104 -37 /w lastest firmware
PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mk II (10.0.1830.51)
AnyDVD 6.7.8.0
Monitor (NEC 2170NX) is not HDCP compliant, connected to
Nvidia GeForce GTX 285 (driver version 266.58 ) via standard DVI cable (came /w monitor).

No error with AnyDVD enabled/running, just empty display, no progress during play of main movie (time remains at zero, trailers play fine).
W/o AnyDVD HD error "Cyberlink PowerDVD is not able to play the protected content on your digital output device. Switch to analog output (VGA, D-Sub) and then try again - (Code = 0107)"

As other BD movies play properly, this is probably specific to this disc.

TIA for any help,
kind regards
Ceph

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.8.0_Info_Y_SORCERERS_APPRENTICE.zip
    178.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
What hardware are you using? My copy plays back fine in PDVD 10

Hi James,

afaik (http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html), 10.0.1830.51 is the latest version, and from inside PWDVD, no updates are available as well.

Ceph

PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II and PowerDVD 10 Deluxe Mark II have seen numerous updates since v10.0.1830.51. There have been 3 updates since that version: v10.0.2113, v10.0.2325, and v10.0.2429. PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II v10.0.1830.51 dates back to before October of 2010 or earlier. The latest v10.0.2429 update was released on January 5, 2011 which is a month old, itself.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.

So, if I understand you correctly, even while my version of PowerDVD reads "10 Mk II Ultra" w/o "3D", I should apply the update for the "10 Mk II Ultra 3D"? No "3D" mentioned in my version, that's why I didn't apply the update as of 2011-01-05 for "PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II". Will give it a shot now.

Thanks, guys.

So, if I understand you correctly, even while my version of PowerDVD reads "10 Mk II Ultra" w/o "3D", I should apply the update for the "10 Mk II Ultra 3D"? No "3D" mentioned in my version, that's why I didn't apply the update as of 2011-01-05 for "PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II". Will give it a shot now.

People that purchased PowerDVD 10 Ultra prior to the 3D support automatically got it for free. Cyberlink decided to release the product before 3D support was added. There is no such thing as an update for a non-3D version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra. The product seamlessly transitioned from PowerDVD 10 to PowerDVD 10 Mark II which supports 3D. With respect to Blu-Ray players be it software or hardware updates are absolutely required on a regular basis due the Blu-Ray format and protections there-in. So, yes, those updates do apply to you and you should update.

Problem resolved

Hi guys,

just to let you know, the latest update to PowerDVD resolved my problem. I wish, Cyberlink would have not all that confusing "informations" on their website but have clear and understandable informations instead. As a side note regarding this, I belong to the not so few people, who thought the Deluxe version would play BD as well, only to realize after some time when I got my hands on a BD for the first time, it didn't. Anyway...:

A big thanks to all of you for your time and help, very much appreciated! :clap: :bowdown:

Kind regards
Ceph

Back