• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Problem downloading 6.5.4.4. update

nitewulf69

I have used Slysoft products for years and frequently download the updates.
Today, on a 64 bit vista computer, the website opened extremely slow and I had to cancel the AnyDVD HD update as it said it would take 1 hour and 36 minutes to download! I promptly went to another computer in the house running XP pro and downloaded the update in about two seconds. I have 4 computers on a Linksys router and a high speed connection.

I went back later tonight (on the Vista computer) and tried the download again; same result. I tested other websites and downloads with no problem at all. I'm really stumped as to why this one computer will barely connect to the slysoft website, much less allow a download when no other websites are affected. I was able, as I stated, to transfer the update from another computer. I do run AVG AV and had to list Slysoft as an exclusion in order to prevent the trojan popups. Not a big deal, but just wondering if anyone else ran into a problem with a slow download/connection from Slysoft's site today.

No, I just did the AnyDVD download and it took 5-6 seconds.

I have used Slysoft products for years and frequently download the updates.
Today, on a 64 bit vista computer, the website opened extremely slow and I had to cancel the AnyDVD HD update as it said it would take 1 hour and 36 minutes to download! I promptly went to another computer in the house running XP pro and downloaded the update in about two seconds. I have 4 computers on a Linksys router and a high speed connection.

I went back later tonight (on the Vista computer) and tried the download again; same result. I tested other websites and downloads with no problem at all. I'm really stumped as to why this one computer will barely connect to the slysoft website, much less allow a download when no other websites are affected. I was able, as I stated, to transfer the update from another computer. I do run AVG AV and had to list Slysoft as an exclusion in order to prevent the trojan popups. Not a big deal, but just wondering if anyone else ran into a problem with a slow download/connection from Slysoft's site today.

I just tried the download and got the 1 hour and 36 minutes message on my Vista system laptop. I went out for a couple of hours and couldn't find any file downloaded, so I did it again. The download was almost instantaneous, but when I tried to install it I got a message saying the "Installer verification failed. This could be the result of an incomplete download, a failing disk, or (possibly) corruption from a virus." I tried the download several times (after deleting any saved copies) and saved and ran or just ran the program. Same response each time. My guess is the problem is an incomplete download given the speed of the download, but I don't know for sure or why. Maybe I'll try the download on another computer and see what happens.

Last edited:
I just tried the download and got the 1 hour and 36 minutes message on my Vista system laptop. I went out for a couple of hours and couldn't find any file downloaded, so I did it again. The download was almost instantaneous, but when I tried to install it I got a message saying the "Installer verification failed. This could be the result of an incomplete download, a failing disk, or (possibly) corruption from a virus." I tried the download several times (after deleting any saved copies) and saved and ran or just ran the program. Same response each time. My guess is the problem is an incomplete download given the speed of the download, but I don't know for sure or why. Maybe I'll try the download on another computer and see what happens.

Clear the browser cache and try again.

I just tried another computer and the 5.7 MB downloaded in 49 seconds and then installed properly. Went back to laptop and the download again was very quick and only 2.57 MB I think. I just went to try it again to see if it was kB or MB, and whadayaknow, the download worked. Now I'm really confused. I must have tried it 8 times on this computer, and it failed every time until this final time when it worked. Ok. Persistance paid off, but why?

I just tried another computer and the 5.7 MB downloaded in 49 seconds and then installed properly. Went back to laptop and the download again was very quick and only 2.57 MB I think. I just went to try it again to see if it was kB or MB, and whadayaknow, the download worked. Now I'm really confused. I must have tried it 8 times on this computer, and it failed every time until this final time when it worked. Ok. Persistance paid off, but why?

There may have been a faulty router dropping packets between you and Slysoft's server.

Back