• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Possible Bug Mounting BD Image

Van Helsing

I ripped a TV show (Firefly) blu ray disc using AnyDVD as usual. The First file ripped was a double episode around 16.7GB in total. Created iso with ImgBurn and mounted with Virtual CloneDrive and it works flawlessly with PowerDVD.

So whats the problem? I ripped the next epsoide which was around 7.8GB in total. when this image is mounted in Virtual CloneDrive, PowerDVD will not play it saying that this format is unsupported. Further investigation with AnyDVD shows that the book type is a DVD and the file on the image is Blu ray. Also BDInfo shows the mounted iso as blu ray and can parse it with no problems. That's why PowerDVD can't read it because it's blu ray files on a DVD book type.

Thought it might be a PowerDVD problem reinstalled - no luck. WinDVD plays the source folder fine. Forced ImgBurn to burn BD in settings mode and retryed - no luck. :bang:

My conclusion is either Virtual CloneDrive doesn't recognize small blu ray images (Images that will fit on DVD book type 8.4GB or less) or ImgBurn doesn't create the proper book type with the iso because it's small enough to fit on a normal DVD9 book type (even when forced to write BD in the write settings)

To prove my point I copied the stream file into the backup folder on the source folder which made it around 15.5GB, recreated the iso and it plays flawlessly in PowerDVD when mounted in Virtual CloneDrive.

So can anyone help to find if the problem is in Virtual CloneDrive or Imgburn. I think it's a Virtual CloneDrive problem because BDInfo can parse the smaller image with no problems.

I would really like to get this fixed because it is frustrating to basiclly double the file size for no reason just to get it to play. Using more disk space as well. this really adds up with a series with lots of episodes.

P.S. All software used is the latest non beta release.

Last edited:
Thanks, that did fix the problem it now mounts the file properly. :clap:

I only wish I knew that before.

Back