• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] No Audio from Cyberlink Power DVD

bluehopper

First time post here.

I went ahead and read thru the other posts, and I didnt see any topic on this. I hope I'm not reposting an old issue.

My setup:
WIN XP PRO SP3
Intel i7 920 3.33ghz
nvidia 9800GT 1GB Ram
VLC Media Player 0.98a
Cyberlink Power DVD 7.3

I ripped GONE in 60 sec from Blu ray to my HDD, no issues, first try.

I can play the .m2ts file in VLC, but it hangs after 10 min of play.

I can play the whole movie in Cyberlink Power DVD 7.3 but there is no audio. In the settings, all the audio options are greyed out.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to play these on my HT system.

Much appreciated.

Hopper

It's a Powerdvd limitation. You can't play the movie from files on hdd, it must be a dvd or BD disc. You can simulate this with virtual clone drive and imgburn.
Make an ISO image with imgburn and mount it in virtual clone drive, powerdvd will see a real disc and play the movie with sound and subs.

Well, I just ripped the BLU RAY version of TERMINATOR and everything works fine. Sound and all.

I am wondering if this is due to a different sound format on the new movie GONE in 60 sec.

I have re-ripped Gone in 60 sec again to a different location on the HDD, AFTER I ripped TERMINATOR and it does the same thing.

I will rip IRON MAN next to see what happens.

Thanks for the input, but I think it must be something else.

Hopper

Last edited:
from Frequently Asked Questions concerning HD-DVDs and Blu-rays (READ BEFORE YOU POST!)

11. Why am I listening to the wrong audio track in a language I don't want?

Adbear said:
If the video file has HD audio then it has to be either played back in something like MPC HC with the filters set correctly, as a complete disc or be run through something like tsmuxer to convert the audio into AC3.
Most playback software can't decode HD audio and therefore when you try to play it back it either plays no audio or defaults to the first track it can decode. PowerDVD etc can only play back HD audio in full disc mode NOT in file mode

Ahhh makes sense...

The audio tracks on the TERMINATOR Blu Ray are in AC3 on the cover. I can transmux the audio on the Gone in 60 Sec video to AC3 then.

Great! Thanks for the helps!

Hopper

Ok, issue solved. Chnaged the audio in the rip for Gone in 60 Sec and it works fine.

Thanks!

Hopper

Back