• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] newbie AnyDVD HD question? audio comes out in Spanish

wclaus1

I looked at the thread "How do I create a Blu-ray backup?", but must I use TSREMUX?

I have been using AnyDVD for a while, and I like the product. It has been great. I know that a cloning program is in the works, but wanted to give HD a try in the mean time, so I am running a trial version of AnyDVD HD.

Maybe I am just not understanding the proper methodology for AnyDVD HD. I need help figuring it out (and the relevant extra pieces, to make a proper workflow)
I use the regular AnyDVD and CloneDVD, or DVDShrink to back up my DVDs to a Home Server and watch them on a media center PC.

I use PowerDVD (ver. 7.3, I think) to watch the DVD files and now to watch Blu-Ray discs as this is the software that came with the new BD drive. (PowerDVD wants me to spend $99 for an upgrade to version 10)

My trouble may not be with AnyDVD HD at all, but I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

I have never had issues with DVDs, and I tried my first Blu-Ray last night. The disc was "Edge of Darkness", and it played fine (with and without AnyDVD loaded), but I noticed that PowerDVD would not let me skip the preview trailers or go to the main disc menu.

I used AnyDVD HD to change the settings and then not knowing the difference, I ran AnyDVD Ripper and AnyDVD Image Ripper. They both seemed to work fine and one produced a folder with BDMV and CERTIFICATE sub-folders and the other produced EDGE_OF_DARKNESS.iso and EDGE_OF_DARKNESS.dvd files (because I checked that option)

I figure that I am done at this point, everything looks good, and no errors were displayed. Next, I open PowerDVD, click on Select Source, choose Open Media Files, find the EDGE_OF_DARKNESS folder and within the BDMV\STREAM folder is a file called 00001.m2ts that is 19455006 KB. I am experimenting here, and this is the biggest file, it is the only file type that PowerDVD seems to like, so I Add it, click OK, and presto, the movie starts to play. Again, I'm happy that everything seems to be working perfectly.
But, my problem is that the audio is playing in Spanish. The PowerDVD player's buttons for subtitles and audio streams are inactive, so I can't change anything.

Is this a PowerDVD issue, something in AnyDVD HD, that this is the trial version, or something I did wrong in the settings, or my method of getting playback, or the fact that I took French in high school?

Thank you.

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14798. Now look at Item 3 which links here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=118877&postcount=6.

You shouldn't play M2TS files. Play the actual disc structure as a mounted ISO if you ripped the BD. There are reasons for this. Most if not all playback software that I am aware of, including PowerDVD 7.3, will not playback high-definition audio from an M2TS file. Instead the player will default to the first non-high-definition audio stream. Don't misundertand, the high-definition audio stream is present but the playback software simply cannot play it. In the case of this particular Blu-Ray release it would appear that the Spanish track is the first non-HD audio stream so that is why you are hearing it rather than the correct HD audio stream. The fault here is with the playback software. AnyDVD HD isn't removing or altering the audio streams. Using the same software on a physical Blu-Ray disc or a mounted ISO image of the disc has no issues playing back the high-definition audio streams.

The problem is a combination of the playback software and that you aren't using the best playback method. I would recommend ending your backup/ripping process by creating a final ISO image of the newer material and then mounting it with Virtual CloneDrive and then playing it from the virtual drive. PowerDVD will see the mounted image as though it is a physical Blu-Ray disc and you will avoid this issue with audio streams.

HTH

Last edited:
Back