• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] neverwinter nights 2 - latest patch breaks working profiles

cybmole

like the thread title says - patching NWN" from v1.13 to latest v1.21 causes mypreviously working GJ profile to fail with "original disc cannot be found or authenticated". I have read that there is new DRM in this NWN2 auto-patch, in anticipation of extra modules which will be sold online, and it could be that they have also tweaked the securerom stuff.

Has anyone else encountered/fixed this please - I ask in case I need to upgrade to a particular release of GJ before re-profiling as I'm currently on 3115 beta - it wasn't broke before so I've not applied any more recent upgrades, though I do have the installers downloaded & ready to go.

actually, I'm puzzled as to how re-profiling could help, as Ill just be re-profiling the same physical DVD as before, so unless a later version of GJ somehow "knows" about this patch & thus knows what to look for, I'll be stuck ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I have read that there is new DRM in this NWN2 auto-patch, in anticipation of extra modules which will be sold online, and it could be that they have also tweaked the securerom stuff.

I don't think so. I think the new protection is going to be released in 1.22 so that the Mysteries of Westgate module can be sold online. I'm really looking forward to the Purgatorio module (free from Rogue Dao Studios) after 1.22 gets released.

Anyway, I just checked, and NWN2 version 1.21.1549 works fine for me with Game Jackal 3.2.0.2 (with Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition SP1)

I haven't created a new profile.

Last edited:
thanks - so there's a chance I can get it work again if I upgrade GJ first - but reprofiling with my current Gj 3115version ( which took 15 mins) and also repairing with reliability wizard has failed. various lGJ ogs attached.
only change is that error message now reads "unable to authenticate within time limit"

UPDATE: this must be a PC specific timing issue. the failing PC referred to above is a dell 5150c running Xp home, I tried the same patch upgrade on my VISTA pc where I have a backup game install & have the same 3115beta GJ. ON that PC GJ worked fine after the 1.21 patch. Maybe the devs caan look at my log file zip & advise what the problem may be.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Actually, I don't think the new 1.22 patch is going to affect profiling at all. I think the new DRM that's being implemented is just for online module sales (Mysteries of Westgate).

UPDATE: this must be a PC specific timing issue. the failing PC referred to above is a dell 5150c running Xp home, I tried the same patch upgrade on my VISTA pc where I have a backup game install & have the same 3115beta GJ.

I suspect you'll be told to try 3.2.0.2 and create a new profile. /shrug

I suspect you'll be told to try 3.2.0.2 and create a new profile. /shrug

yes, & I suspect that when I do that, then a) it wont work anyway & b) it will break my working profile of Witcher EE

I'll wait for more feedback & then try backing up my 3115 profiles before any upgrade.

good news :upgrading to latest GJ & re-profiling NWN2 actually worked this time! ( & did not break my Witcher profile either)

Back