• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Mounting Bluray (UDF 2.5) images on Windows Server 2003 - possible or not?

bernd25

Hi there,

I know this is possible for XP/Vista, but I wasn't able to find UDF 2.5 drivers for Windows Server 2003. Anyone know of a workaround?

XP needs the Toshiba UDF Reader 2.5 driver.
Vista can do it by default.
Sure Server 2003 can't ??

Yes, am pretty positive. I've tried the Toshiba drivers but it was a no go.

Hmm. It should work.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011/en-us

Is Bernd your name ? are you german ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011/de

If this don't work you should give more information.....

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't seem to work. I've downloaded IMAPI_XP_SRV2003_x86.exe (32-bit OS) and installed it, even rebooted, but I still can't access the mounted UDF 2.5 image in Windows Explorer. It says "Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that isn't compatible with Windows".

Sure your Image is UDF 2.5 and has no errors ?
Try to verify this: use ImgBurn to make an UDF 2.5 image to test it.
It should work. You have read about the key features in Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) update package ?
If this don't work there's something wrong with your system.
Perhaps because you've tried to install the Toshiba UDF Reader 2.5 before ?
Please let me know.

Using the latest VCD ?
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5427.exe

Last edited:
Sure your Image is UDF 2.5 and has no errors ?
Try to verify this: use ImgBurn to make an UDF 2.5 image to test it.
It should work. You have read about the key features in Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) update package ?
If this don't work there's something wrong with your system.
Please let me know.

Using the latest VCD ?
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5427.exe

I've tried on 2 different Win2k3 Server machines and it works on neither of them. I've put a Bluray in the BD-ROM and also tried a mounted UDF 2.5 image created with ImgBurn using latest VCD.

You have read about the key features in Image Mastering API v2.0 (IMAPIv2.0) update package ?
Yes, what I read sounds very convincing, but can anyone actually confirm that it works on Windows Server 2003?

Indeed, I've tried to install it before...

---

Any more suggestions maybe?

Did you tried installing the Toshiba UDF Reader on both machines ? If so I would hardly belief that this is the problem.
Since the UDF Reader you've tried to install has now setup you will not be able to uninstall it with windows funktions or a setup file wich gives you the option to uninstall it.
So you have to do it manually.
1. Locate the thdudf.sys on your system and delete it.
2. Try to locate the thdudf.inf and if you found it delete it too.
The Problem is that windows may contain the content of the thdudf.inf in an file with an other name located in the C:\Windows\inf folder. Try to find this one, delete it and reboot your system.
Hope this will work.

Did you tried installing the Toshiba UDF Reader on both machines ? If so I would hardly belief that this is the problem.
Since the UDF Reader you've tried to install has now setup you will not be able to uninstall it with windows funktions or a setup file wich gives you the option to uninstall it.
So you have to do it manually.
1. Locate the thdudf.sys on your system and delete it.
2. Try to locate the thdudf.inf and if you found it delete it too.
The Problem is that windows may contain the content of the thdudf.inf in an file with an other name located in the C:\Windows\inf folder. Try to find this one, delete it and reboot your system.
Hope this will work.

I've only tried to install the Toshiba reader on one of the machines, but on the one I'm testing on now there are no such files (thdudf.sys / thdudf.inf) or any leftovers. I really don't know what the problem is... But I spotted this in the IMAPIv2.0 description:

Known issues
Optical devices that do not correctly implement the optical device standard may not work after you install this update. This includes virtual devices.

Maybe this doesn't work after all...

Known issues
Optical devices that do not correctly implement the optical device standard may not work after you install this update. This includes virtual devices.

If that is the problem you would not be able to use Virtual CloneDrive at all, not just for UDF 2.5. So you can check it out.

If there isn't the thdudf.sys in the Windows\system32\drivers folder, I think windows hasn't installed the UDF Reader at all because it noticed from the inf file that it's not for Server 2003. So we have to search for an other problem causing this condition.

Last edited:
Yea mounting just about any other image is fine, except UDF 2.5.

If there isn't the thdudf.sys in the Windows\system32\drivers folder, I think windows hasn't installed the UDF Reader at all because it noticed from the inf file that it's not for Server 2003. So we have to search for an other problem causing this condition.

Any programs installed wich modify / use the cd-Rom driver ?

YES: Virtual CloneDrive, sure.

But I mean also such like daemon-tools (or has it been installed before?), packet writing software, alcohol 120%, Blindwrite etc. ?

Do you have a blu-ray drive ? If so you can try to uninstall such software and test if you can read a blu-ray from the physical drive to check if you can read UDF 2.5

If daemon-tools has been installed before you should also uninstall the sptd driver wich comes with it. To do that download the sptd setup file, execute it and choose uninstall.

Also you can try to unistall the CD-Rom driver within the device-manager and then try to reinstall it. But be aware that you will not be able to use any CD/DVD/BD drive for reinstalling it, so be sure to have all you need for that on harddrives.

Last edited:
Daemon tools was never installed, just VCD. I do have a Bluray drive, yes. But W2K3 can't natively read UDF 2.5. If Anydvd is running I can't access the drive either through Windows Explorer.

Alcohol, Blindwrite etc have never been installed, nor any packet writing software.

Reinstalling CD-ROM drivers won't help, am very sure of that... Basically what might help is a third party driver, like Toshiba's driver for XP. But there is no such thing for W2K3 to my knowledge...

Have you actually tried installing IMAPIv2.0 on a W2K3 machine? If so, did it read UDF 2.5 images?

If Anydvd is running I can't access the drive either through Windows Explorer.

What ? Lol. Hope you mean you can't access Blu-ray's when AnyDVD is runnig. If you can't access the drive at all when Any is running, even normal cd's, you found a condition wich must be analyzied.

And no, I don't own win 2003.

What ? Lol. Hope you mean you can't access Blu-ray's when AnyDVD is runnig. If you can't access the drive at all when Any is running, even normal cd's, you found a condition wich must be analyzied.

And no, I don't own win 2003.

Sure, I meant Blurays (UDF 2.5).

Back