• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] I can no longer copy home movies

dbknox

I couple of years ago, I spent the winter copying my home movies from VHS to DVD using my stand alone dvd recorder with menues. I then would take these copies and reproduce them using Clonedvd with no problem. Some where in the last 2 years a new version has come out and now Clonedvd will no longer copy my home movies. ( don't know what version changed this). My question is.
Is it possible to install 2 versions of Clonedvd on one computer ( maybe on another drive) . I could then install the older version and once more make "quality" copies of my home movies for the rest of my family.

Installation doesn't allow you to select where to install the software and I would not recommend messing around with moving things. The software shares DLL files with AnyDVD and CloneCD.

Try the following:

1. Disable AnyDVD
  2. Check the Use File System instead of internal I/O in CloneDVD's preferences.
  3. Try to make a backup.
  4. Uncheck the Use File System instead of internal I/O in CloneDVD's preferences when you are done making the backup.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD are intended for use with commercially released DVD movies and not formats that do not conform to the DVD-Video standard. DVD-VR doesn't conform to the DVD-Video standard and I wouldn't be surprised if the problematic discs are using the DVD-VR format.

If you still have a problem then I would recommend disabling AnyDVD and using a program like CloneCD or ImgBurn to copy the entire disc.

Last edited:
Thanks for that DrinkLyeAndDie I will try those settings when I get a chance. All the older versions of CloneDVD would copy my DVD recordings with no problem and now I get an error about the Menu structure.
I am using Nero now to rip the DVD the funny thing is the "ripped" disk will then copy using DVDclone, go figure.

Thanks for that DrinkLyeAndDie I will try those settings when I get a chance. All the older versions of CloneDVD would copy my DVD recordings with no problem and now I get an error about the Menu structure.
I am using Nero now to rip the DVD the funny thing is the "ripped" disk will then copy using DVDclone, go figure.

Newer changes to CloneDVD may explain why the older versions worked alright and the newer versions do not.

I also edited my previous post. I left out a step. Between checking and unchecking the setting you should obviously attempt to make a backup. It's a given but I still should have listed it.

It's possible that Nero support DVD-VR and can convert it into a usable format. I really have no experience with doing this so I can't explain why that makes a difference but if doing this is solution that that is good to know.

Okay thanks very much DrinkLyeAndDie it does work with the settings you give. I am sorry I took so long to test, I was thinking I had to make a new disk ( senior moment) I tried a DVD that I made earlier and it gave the same results as before, then I changed the settings as you suggested and it worked like a charm.
Once again thank-you very much, this was becoming a real pain as DVDclone does such a good job ( and fast) copying my home movies, I was missing the ability to do so.
I am happy again.

Okay thanks very much DrinkLyeAndDie it does work with the settings you give. I am sorry I took so long to test, I was thinking I had to make a new disk ( senior moment) I tried a DVD that I made earlier and it gave the same results as before, then I changed the settings as you suggested and it worked like a charm.
Once again thank-you very much, this was becoming a real pain as DVDclone does such a good job ( and fast) copying my home movies, I was missing the ability to do so.
I am happy again.

Just remember to uncheck that setting in CloneDVD when you are done making a backup of these homemade discs. It's best to use CloneDVD using the default settings except the rare occasions where you have to change them and your problem is one of those times.

I'm glad things worked out and you are able to accomplish what you want to do. :)

Back