• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] I am legend blu-ray rip & play problem

Yup. Does anyone know if they kept to their word that they were going to stop down sampling on non-AACS protected content? They said they were going to change that in an upcoming patch. That was a couple months ago and there's been a few patches since then. Without ReClock it's difficult to know for sure unless your receiver shows you exactly what it's getting.

I realize I don't get a vote here, but, um, if you do that, PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD make that an option! "Stupid PowerDVD crap setting" is what I'd call it. The rest of us want COMPLIANT files!!!!!!!!!

I agree. If it's possible to have it work both ways with the user selecting which way then that would be superb.

Might I also suggest an annoying pop-up window saying that the output will not really conform to compliancy and that the user understands this and accepts responsibility?

HAHAHA, I think you're asking for a lot on that one. :) But a checkbox in the options that when you select it the first time pops up a "hey, fool, you do realize you're doing this because your crappy player can't handle compliant streams?" message box would be reasonable.

I also have crashing issues with PDVD 9 on DVD playback on my home system. As you know I always used PDVD, but this latest version is pretty useless

Plain DVDs? Wow, that's actually one that I haven't seen. Admittedly, I refuse to use anything above PowerDVD7 or WinDVD for SD DVDs these days. PowerDVD7 opens instantly! PowerDVD8 takes a few seconds to open as if it's doing system checks. PowerDVD9 takes close to 30 seconds to start and it most definitely appears to be checking things as it launches and I cannot even do anything as this process is occurring. Having that happen on a Q9550 is simply outrageous. I've never had an SD DVD cause a crash, however.

TMT2 and TMT3 are the worst offenders of bad SD DVD playback. They will crash on me and crash badly. Arcsoft has even admitted to SD DVD playback issues. TMT has great potential and whne it's working it is wonderful but come on, they can't even handle SD DVD playback in a decent manner.

Anyway, I hope Peer can finally put a stake in the heart of this annoying BD problem with PowerDVD9 since people can't buy PowerDVD7 or PowerDVD8 anymore which leaves people up a creek.

HAHAHA, I think you're asking for a lot on that one. :) But a checkbox in the options that when you select it the first time pops up a "hey, fool, you do realize you're doing this because your crappy player can't handle compliant streams?" message box would be reasonable.

That would be fine. At some people the person needs to accept responsibility. I don't want people coming back later and complaining and using the, "I didn't know any better." routine. It can be like the Skip annoying adverts and trailers or it can be like Rip to Image.... Either way make the person accept the responsibility.

That would be fine. At some people the person needs to accept responsibility. I don't want people coming back later and complaining and using the, "I didn't know any better." routine. It can be like the Skip annoying adverts and trailers or it can be like Rip to Image.... Either way make the person accept the responsibility.

Like I said, I think you're asking too much on that one. People can't even be bothered to read sticky posts at the top of the forum. They're going to blow through that dialog without ever having read it in 90% of the cases. What a good time this'll be. Yet another work around for badly behaving software. :(

I think it's not such a big deal unless you're ripping unprotected images, do many people still do that?

I think it's not such a big deal unless you're ripping unprotected images, do many people still do that?
It causes problems if you want to make a back up onto disc for play back on standalone players as they won't play back in PDVD 9. My back up of I am Legend won't play back in it

Well, the reason I raised the issue is what happens if the workaround is later closed somehow and such backups won't work correctly? I'm not saying it's possible for there to be a problem later because I really don't know what what if. A warning would be a good idea. If you aren't using PowerDVD9 or later PowerDVD8 versions then don't use the setting. Maybe it's unnecessary. *shrug* It just seems worthy of making users abundantly clear as to what is happening.

So, hypothetically, have the normal way like we have now and the other "workaround" method for PowerDVD9 users. Maybe make it only possible to use the "workaround" when viewing images or discs on-the-fly and have it not do anything using the AnyDVD ripper? Anyway, these types of decisions are up to Peer and company.

Last edited:
Version 6.5.5.9 has addressed the problem I was experiencing with this title while AnyDVDHD was enabled when attempting to play it via PDVD9Ultra. Thanks Slysoft.

---------------------------------------------------
Is there a list of known BD's requiring this workaround? To date, I have had three BD's where I have had to use this setting enabled:

- I Am Legend
- Mission Impossible 3
- Die Hard 4

and again, thanks SlySoft for adding this capability.

Last edited:
Back