• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Has NF been abandoned

Few thoughts..

NF has lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers in the past several months due to the ongoing conflict and their own stupid price hikes.
I think it is funny. I recently cancelled my NF subscription, mostly because of the price hikes, but also because there wasn't anything new on that I wanted to watch. I figured I would wait a month or two for the newer shows to come out. So far the only thing I would want to watch is the new season of Stranger Things, but I still haven't watched S2 or S3 yet, so I am not in a rush.

Since I cancelled, they have been spamming my email every day with $9.99 offers. Maybe if they thought of that in the first place, they wouldn't have lost so many subscribers.

I agree with the original question. It's plenty valid to ask.

And it has been asked - Over and over and over and over and over again. This is the biggest reason some people get upset about seeing this question once again.

NF has lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers in the past several months due to the ongoing conflict and their own stupid price hikes. The fact that so many people are criticizing their content and leaving their service is certainly something for RF Devs to take into consideration when prioritizing their workload.

Yes, NF has lost a lot of subscribers recently. But that is not a reason to suddenly decide to lower the priority. They are still the #1 online streaming subscription service.

Sure, early on the website may have stated content was "available up to 1080" or similar but that was a point-in-time statement - as should be expected from anyone that understands how this technology works.

That statement is still true today - content is available "up to 1080". They word it like this to make people thing everything is 1080. But in reality, it means "available at 1080 or less". The fact that some shows on NF can only be downloaded in SD is still meeting this obligation. SD is less that 1080.

And it has been asked - Over and over and over and over and over again. This is the biggest reason some people get upset about seeing this question once again.

Yeah, I get it. I get tired of getting the same question repeatedly regardless of source/topic. Those who get upset don't have to read/pay attention/answer though either. I generally just ignore and move on. For all of the times the question has been asked, has it ever received a real answer? Or has it just been "trust that they're working on it"? There's a feature request sticky - why not a 'known issues' sticky? That _might_ slow down some of the same questions over and over. "Known Issue: Some NF only available in SD" - at least that acknowledges it and let's people know it's at least on the radar. I wouldn't ask for/expect a timeline or roadmap - we know that's not feasible and I don't blame them for not wanting to commit to any specific timelines.

Yes, NF has lost a lot of subscribers recently. But that is not a reason to suddenly decide to lower the priority. They are still the #1 online streaming subscription service.

I just said it's something to take into consideration. I don't disagree. NF still has the highest number of subscribers, which means the largest user base to market this product towards - but that's for RF to ultimately decide.

That statement is still true today - content is available "up to 1080". They word it like this to make people thing everything is 1080. But in reality, it means "available at 1080 or less". The fact that some shows on NF can only be downloaded in SD is still meeting this obligation. SD is less that 1080.

Agreed. And today it's worded as "Availability of supported streaming services and their available video quality (480p/576p/SD, 720p/HD, 1080p/HD) could vary and depends on geo location, current encryption/decryption technology, and many other parameters." - plus, they've always allowed a trial to test it out so people can see what they're getting. If they walk into with the expectation that it won't change, that's on them.

Back