• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Has NF been abandoned

No you are reading things into what I said as usual, things that are not there. I said everything was 1080p before December, after that a few shows became 720P. This was due to a DRM change by NF, We have since overcome 90% of those and continue to work on what is 1080p on NF, Remember not everything is 1080p on the website, you only want to see want you to want to see. Do a little homework. This is the last reply I will make on this subject.

Wow man. I just asked a question. talk about reading things wrong as usual. I figured you would be triggered by this - as usual. Worst customer service ever!

Dude, you are coming off as a troll. Redfox has never let us down before through all the DRM issues. They've always come back with fixes to provide 1080 and I'm sure they are working on it. But again, just remember, Netflix was NEVER full HD. A lot of their content was always 540. It's just the way Netflix has always been. And even what has been 1080 has been pretty low quality in my opinion. And remember 960x540 is exactly half 1080. So it upscales very nicely for most content. Is 1080 better? Sure. But you can always replace a 540 file with a higher quality when the content pops up on another service or when the devs are able to get 1080 back on NF. But again, not all content will be 1080 when that fix does come out. NF does not offer all of it's content in 1080 to browsers which is how the streaming services see AS.

Dude, you are coming off as a troll. Redfox has never let us down before through all the DRM issues. They've always come back with fixes to provide 1080 and I'm sure they are working on it. But again, just remember, Netflix was NEVER full HD. A lot of their content was always 540. It's just the way Netflix has always been. And even what has been 1080 has been pretty low quality in my opinion. And remember 960x540 is exactly half 1080. So it upscales very nicely for most content. Is 1080 better? Sure. But you can always replace a 540 file with a higher quality when the content pops up on another service or when the devs are able to get 1080 back on NF. But again, not all content will be 1080 when that fix does come out. NF does not offer all of it's content in 1080 to browsers which is how the streaming services see AS.

I've seen it with others but speaking for myself, any discussion about a deficiency in AS is met with belittlement and even anger from one particular mod (see above) and a group of apologist members. There is no reason that one can't come here and ask a question. Using stranger things for an example is 1080p except for the new ones, which are 540p. Don't try to convince me like this is expected behavior. If the content is old (prior to HD broadcasting) then 540p makes sense. Content that is offered in 720p is also quite acceptable to me.

To me, it merits a question after so long - possibly December RF1's answer said it hasn't been since December but then said everything was 1080p before December so I guess I need to "do a little homework" as he suggests rather than just answering a question objectively. We should be aloud to discuss the product on a forum specific to that product. That's the whole idea. It's mildly mind blowing that the most active mod subscribes to belittlement as common practice and yet found as an asset to the product.

I believe it to be a valid question if we are going to see an improvement on 540p soon or ever. With the answers given it's a mixed message of "it will eventually be fixed" and "everything is fine".

Last edited:
Not a high priority for me. I download most in 720p because I'd estimate that 80% I don't plan on keeping long term. If something is worth keeping, then I do want the highest possible resolution. That is when I am likely to purchase a 4K version on bluray. I also find that Usenet is a great source when combined with software media tools "Radarr" and "Sonarr"; content appears automatically in Plex when it is found on the internet somewhere, immediately or in the future. And of course, there is BT.

Last edited:
It has been answered before ... they are working on the drm issues. They will continue to work on the issues. What other dead horse do you want to beat?

I lost some tokens one time, isn't there something we can do about the token system :)

There is no reason that one can't come here and ask a question.

If that is what you were doing no one would have trouble with it. You are NOT asking questions, you are deliberately trying to raise a ruckus by complaining about the same things over and over and over again regardless of the answers you get. The fact you are surprised you are met with frustration and some mild hostility shows you are either being disingenuous entirely or are immune to over the internet social queues. In either case please stop. I for one am just tired of seeing you complain. It's not constructive in the least and is helping no one.

If that is what you were doing no one would have trouble with it. You are NOT asking questions, you are deliberately trying to raise a ruckus by complaining about the same things over and over and over again regardless of the answers you get. The fact you are surprised you are met with frustration and some mild hostility shows you are either being disingenuous entirely or are immune to over the internet social queues. In either case please stop. I for one am just tired of seeing you complain. It's not constructive in the least and is helping no one.

I came here to find out if NF is still actively being improved. Just because you are complacent in status quo doesn't mean that others are not wondering. Look at the amount of views this thread has received. I'm not the only person wondering about the state of NF. Thanks for your "constructive" response though.

If ever came here to get a response of improvements?, it's generally not a good idea to begin a question "I'm sure it will trigger you" or answer "I figured you would be triggered" or worse "Triggered much? Lol".. This and headline supposed to trigger is only reason for many views..

I for one are glad they're looking in to features/stability and more providers for a while rather than stomping with just NF, particularly now when many leaves NF for other providers, I'm sure most of us are happy with latest additions and fixes, I see current development very refreshing and AS being a lot more stable now than it was a few months ago regarding crashes or wasting tokens.. I'm sure they seek to improve everything (NF incl), DRM will be ongoing for the rest of your life, get used

From AS inception, NF is part of the "basic package". Thus, I consider the HD question as legitimate. Additionally, even if a lot of movies/series are removed on the monthly basis, the new installments of NF series such as Ozark, Stranger Things, Who killed Sarah are "SD" which is annoying when you want to see them in large screen (>65 inches). Finally, adding new providers is OK but it also means that for customers like me we need to have more expenses.
Right now, I have Paramount+ through Prime. Imagine that Prime, which is also part of the basic package, becomes SD (as NF) and you need an extra subscription to have access to the desired content because, 6/9 months after, it is not yet fixed.
I do not want to relaunch the never ending discussion on availability because I know it is hard to fix the DRM issue BUT the message is "do not forget".

i'm curious why they can't do it yet because its possible to get >1080p with HDR or even 2160p, it needs L1 cdm and good python scripts thats it... many people are doing it on themself in "underground scene", then why a company earning a ton of $$$ can't do it yet?

i'm curious why they can't do it yet because its possible to get >1080p with HDR or even 2160p, it needs L1 cdm and good python scripts thats it... many people are doing it on themself in "underground scene", then why a company earning a ton of $$$ can't do it yet?

This is just impossible in a commercial use... at least that you want to burn a lot of L1... NF have the best security by far for those qualities and they blacklist modules in a blink.

This is just impossible in a commercial use... at least that you want to burn a lot of L1... NF have the best security by far for those qualities and they blacklist modules in a blink.
well... it's not really my problem, i think they earn enough to buy a ton of L1 or extract them themself. Customers pay here hundreds of $$$ for one license.. if common people can do it then i think a company can do it?

... it needs L1 cdm and good python scripts thats it... many people are doing it on themself in "underground scene",

if it s so simple you musnt have difficulties to do it yourself so no need to have AS ....

DRM are not an easy thing, and i'm 100% sure the devs do all they can to fix it, if it needs time , lets give them time, they fixed it in the past and they will fix it in the future I have NO worries
It doesnt work in just a click

Lots of people forget one thing, AS is Version 1.x.x.x , and for the first version it does an amazing job, is it perfect , not yet of course , lots of things will be added in the future, but it does what people need, and before the purchase we knew about the cat and mouse thing. They re very transparent and for a company that s what I want.

So give time to the devs, and give them support, they know what they must do , they have been doing a great job for so many years.

well... it's not really my problem, i think they earn enough to buy a ton of L1 or extract them themself. Customers pay here hundreds of $$$ for one license.. if common people can do it then i think a company can do it?
I'd like another thought against your opinion ...
I think we all can agree that the providers are aware of AnyStream. And also that users cannot download all content because of DRM and so on.
So IMO AnyStream is somewhat tolerated because of the restrictions that are in place.
How fast do you think some Provider like Amz or Nf would take countermeasures if AS would make any content available and users could download everything 4K ?

I've seen it with others but speaking for myself, any discussion about a deficiency in AS is met with belittlement and even anger from one particular mod (see above) and a group of apologist members. There is no reason that one can't come here and ask a question. Using stranger things for an example is 1080p except for the new ones, which are 540p. Don't try to convince me like this is expected behavior. If the content is old (prior to HD broadcasting) then 540p makes sense. Content that is offered in 720p is also quite acceptable to me.

To me, it merits a question after so long - possibly December RF1's answer said it hasn't been since December but then said everything was 1080p before December so I guess I need to "do a little homework" as he suggests rather than just answering a question objectively. We should be aloud to discuss the product on a forum specific to that product. That's the whole idea. It's mildly mind blowing that the most active mod subscribes to belittlement as common practice and yet found as an asset to the product.

I believe it to be a valid question if we are going to see an improvement on 540p soon or ever. With the answers given it's a mixed message of "it will eventually be fixed" and "everything is fine".

Do a search of the forum for DRM issues. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. It is a never ending problem. Providers start using newer encryption, and the devs of AS need to come up with a way to around it. Then providers start using new encryption, and devs have to figure out how to get around that. It goes round and round, with no end in sight. And while all that is going on, they still need to fix bugs in the program and add new providers from time to time.

If you have a better idea on how to deal with the issue, I'll be the first one to pay you for it once you have a working model that keeps up with the ever changing DRM issues. It sucks that we can't have nice things when we want them, but that's the world we live in.

Common people just cant do it.

Is "Stranger Things: Season 4" available in 1080p via The Sloth? Asking for a friend. ;)

Few thoughts..

1) I agree with the original question. It's plenty valid to ask. NF has lost hundreds of thousands of subscribers in the past several months due to the ongoing conflict and their own stupid price hikes. The fact that so many people are criticizing their content and leaving their service is certainly something for RF Devs to take into consideration when prioritizing their workload. The question also only requires a simple answer: yes, we're not focused on NF right now; or no, it's not abandoned and we'll get to it. That's all. We know there's a gigantic list of provider requests and other things they could certainly be choosing to focus on instead. And that's fine/understandable.

2) The caveat, to this and in general, is that there's no guarantee for any of this. Sure, early on the website may have stated content was "available up to 1080" or similar but that was a point-in-time statement - as should be expected from anyone that understands how this technology works. And even if you don't there's always some amount of risk that the providers make changes to block tools such as this.

3) DRM has been cat-and-mouse for as long as it has existed. Just like software licensing. And hell, just like any type of security control. Those who want to protect something find a way to do so. Those who want to circumvent those controls find a way to do so. Now new protection is needed, followed by new circumvention. Rinse and repeat. I think someone already made a similar point, probably in this thread - there's always an inherent risk the providers will decide to change things up to stop these tools (see "no guarantee" above).

4) If anyone posting here just wants to complain, you're free to go figure it out on your own. If you want to go dig into the inner-workings of the DRM system I won't name, go for it. "Common people just can't do it" < this. If it were easy, everyone would just be doing it on their own. This is not to say that customers should be prohibited from complaining or voicing frustration. That's fine. Just do it in a constructive and polite manner. I'm disappointed I can't currently get NF in 1080 too. And sure, I'm curious if they're going to look into it. But, given the history of RF, I don't really worry about it because I just expect them to fix it when they get to it. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. One day, all RF Dev could just say "we're tired of complaints and have decided to discontinue development."

Does the program have its bugs and issues? Yes. Does all software have similar? Yes. Does AS still provide useful functionality? Absolutely.

I'm not taking any particular side here, am not directing this post at any particular response above, and I understand the frustration on all ends. I'm nothing more than another customer of the product, happily using it for what it's capable of doing right now because I know that could all change again tomorrow.

/sort-of-rant ;-)

Back