• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Disc Error

Okay I am having a problem ripping some blu-ray disc to hard drive. Right now I am having a problem ripping slumdog millionaire and 21 to hard drive. They both reach about 15% then i get a disc error message. Whenever i have this problem normally i switch the region code and rerun the program and it works but not with every disc. So I'm trying to find out if I'm doing something wrong or there is some kind of protection preventing me from ripping these disc.

Thanks in advance

You need to post a log file before we can help you.

There's no protection on Blu-ray discs that would prevent you from ripping to the harddrive. You can rip to the hard drive leaving it encrypted if you wanted to, it seems it's more likely a failing disc, failing drive or a driver issue on your system

0.00s: AnyDVD 6.5.8.2

0.28s: track 1 from 0 to 19415360, Control 4
0.28s: Drive 0 (not set!)
0.28s: read physical failed, sense 5:24:0
0.30s: dvd-rom version 0 120mm 2.52mbps parallel
0.30s: Layer 0 End: 0
0.30s: layer 1 reserved free
1.25s: standard udf
1.25s: label SLUMDOG_MILLIONAIRE
2.67s: AACS!
2.67s: BD+!
2.67s: Allocated 512 replacement sectors at 2506187:2505899 in /AACS/DUPLICATE/MKB_RO.inf
2.78s: HD type: 1
3.26s: MKB version 12
2c213238aec3 3.49s:
4e4edb75da86 3.49s:
3.56s: HD: GetVolumeKey 1
29.58s: firmwareUnlocker 0
29.64s: HD: GetVolumeKey 1
30.09s: Begin remaster
62.09s: End remaster
62.09s: parse_image took 62 seconds
62.10s: hdtitles
62.17s: Sending Patchlevel 1
62.17s: mode 9247 0x241f

You need to post the full zip file. Please follow the instructions in 8:
8 ) Post the Anydvd zip log file to the forums:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

i attached the log

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.8.2_Info_E_SLUMDOG_MILLIONAIRE.zip
    401.6 KB · Views: 3
That's nice, but...

Bottom line is here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30640

And BluRays are not exempt from cheap, too fast, low-price mass pressing problems.

Keep in mind: the studios are only interested in what a player sees and they don't give a twit about "reading" the disc. That's just business. I see this often enough to believe they are pushing the envelope with the production process to allow playing and making "reading" a matter of how good your drive laser is and other circumstances. 8)

I see nothing of particular interest, the following won't help you - but are worth a look:

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.8.2)
ATAPI BDODH4O1S 2P53 SNAP_MAIN_060519
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 19415360 sectors (37920 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SLUMDOG_MILLIONAIRE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 12
Using BDPHash.bin 09-09-11
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!

The version of AnyDVD you are using (6.5.8.2) is up to date.

If you are a registered user, I strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest beta version 6.5.8.3

Code:

Please check you are using the latest firmware for your drive. Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.

Code:

Your region code is not set. With some DVDs and some drives, AnyDVD cannot decrypt CSS unless your drive's region code is set properly. You must exit AnyDVD when checking.
  1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit AnyDVD.
  2. Click start. Right click on My computer--->select properties.
  3. Click on the Hardware tab--->click the device manager button.
  4. Open the DVD/DROM branch---> right click on your optical drive.
  5. Click properties.
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start AnyDVD.

AnyDVD_Log

Code:

There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things

Last edited:
It's a long shot, but you could consider the CP54 firmware, carefully clean your disk with soap and water; dry and try again. Otherwise you'll need to get a replacement disk.

I see nothing of particular interest, the following won't help you - but are worth a look:

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.8.2)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 19415360 sectors (37920 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SLUMDOG_MILLIONAIRE
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 12
Using BDPHash.bin 09-09-11
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Can't determine region code!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!

The version of AnyDVD you are using (6.5.8.2) is up to date.

If you are a registered user, I strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest beta version 6.5.8.3

Code:

Please check you are using the latest firmware for your drive. Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.

Code:

Your region code is not set. With some DVDs and some drives, AnyDVD cannot decrypt CSS unless your drive's region code is set properly. You must exit AnyDVD when checking.
  1. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit AnyDVD.
  2. Click start. Right click on My computer--->select properties.
  3. Click on the Hardware tab--->click the device manager button.
  4. Open the DVD/DROM branch---> right click on your optical drive.
  5. Click properties.
  6. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
  7. Select the region that you're in
  8. Start AnyDVD.

AnyDVD_Log

Code:

There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things

where do i get the firmware to use with mediacodespeededit? i download the program and i searched the lite-on website for the firmware for my blu-ray player but there is not firmware to dl on there page.

Just for fun....

no im a reg user and i just downloaded the beta and tried it and got the same error

Can you do us a favor?
Right click the AnyDVD system tray fox and then "exit".
Try to copy/paste in Windows and let's see how far you get with that content. ;)

There's no structural protection on Blu-ray discs (unlike dvds). So they can all be ripped with or without Anydvd HD.

And (again) is it possible to do this also?

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon in the Task Bar and select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file, a pop-up screen will appear.
Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name.
Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder and there you will see a zip file called
"Anydvd_Info_<DVD TITLE>.zip" (or something similar)

Attach that log file to your reply please, not just the content of the log text file itself.

Last edited:
i attached the log

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.8.2_Info_E_SLUMDOG_MILLIONAIRE.zip
    401.6 KB · Views: 2
Code:

With regard to Blu-ray discs this will always show up in the logs. This specific error where it is located can be ignored and is not indicative of a bad drive or a bad disc.

With the above having been said, if the ripping process fails at a certain percentage then there is a problem be it a bad disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, or a dying drive. The "read physical failed, sense 5:24:0" is not related, however.

I recommend updating to the latest version of AnyDVD HD as mike_r already stated. A test to see if, in fact, the disc is bad is to completely uninstall AnyDVD HD, while making sure to keep a backup of your registration handy, and then try to create an image of the Blu-ray disc on your HDD using only ImgBurn. If you still run into an error then the problem is either with the disc, itself, or your drive since I see no other issues that stand out to me. Given that you say multiple discs exhibit this problem that makes me look more closely at the drive rather than the discs.

Last edited:
would you believe that i just kept trying it and it ripped finally!!! thanks guys for you help. i think that setting the region on my disc drive help out some. i also noticed that if i set it to automatic for region code removal, look at the status, and if the system is able to select a region it seems to work.

Last edited:
Back