• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Crash...

ChuckH

Did you guys program in a feature to know when I am not sitting at the computer?

I'm joking about that, but I have had multiple crashes that only occur when I am downloading a season and I am not sitting at the computer, so I don't see what happens. AS will be closed when I return and the folder with the episodes will have the last one downloaded show a file size of zero bytes. No dump log is being generated either, so I can't provide one.

Or maybe my house is haunted with a poltergeist that doesn't like my taste in shows...

Edit: This time it happened with 1.4.0.0, but it also happened with the last two betas.

You haven't said any word about the show or provider this is happening with.
Do all crashes happen with the same provider or with different ones?
And what happens when you put the failed/aborted due to the crash-episodes to the queue again? Will they go through fine?

Same provider, Amazon Prime, same channel, The Great Courses. When I start the download again, it works fine.

How about a logfile, that would very helpful.;)
I don't have the program set to automatically generate a log file after each download, as that would create a lot of logs I need to delete. The program just shuts down during the operation and it seems to be happening randomly. I am assuming it is probably something like a RAM chip going bad or something similar.

I don't have the program set to automatically generate a log file after each download, as that would create a lot of logs I need to delete. The program just shuts down during the operation and it seems to be happening randomly. I am assuming it is probably something like a RAM chip going bad or something similar.
How about we mark it resolved and if gets to be really bad and you think it is AS and I can do anything to help you, I will.

There are RAM tests out there, if you want to check for it.
Edit: But they can take a bit of time.
I don't really think it is the RAM, since the only program that is crashing is AS, but it might be an issue specific to my computer, since no one else is reporting it. It might be my internet provider having hiccups.

I don't really think it is the RAM, since the only program that is crashing is AS, but it might be an issue specific to my computer, since no one else is reporting it. It might be my internet provider having hiccups.
Whatever it is we will help you fix it if it becomes too much of an issue.(y)

I personally doubt seriously it is RAM. You might check the Windows event logs in the application log and see what it says about the crash. You can also see what other events are around it and you might check system log to. If you are having system issues it should be logged there.

Back